Support New Players

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DJDwrek, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Hello all!

I am ChalkPanda, or as you might know me on EMC, Herobrine319906. You can call me either.

I created this page in order to express my heartfelt thanks to all the staff and people who guided me through the wonderful world of EMC. I remember when I first started on EMC. I was lost, and didn't know how anything worked. But then staff and members reached out to me, and I quickly found my way.

So thank you staff and members of EMC. I truly believe that I owe the community something, and so I am volunteering to give up some of my recreational time to help and guide new players, so that they, like me, can feel right at home. My res number is 12308. You can mail me through my mailbox or Empire mail. My door is always open when I am online. If I am offline, you can ask the wonderful staff of EMC and other EMC members also.They are so kind and caring, so don't be afraid to reach out to them. Thank you EMC staff and members for making me feel right at home at Empire Minecraft. :)

-ChalkPanda
  2. You're not fooling me Herobrine, this has to be some devious elaborating scheme of some sort :D

(soo, couldn't resist that one :p)

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel.

You want to help out? Then I might have a tip for you. Honestly; the best way to help out and do something back is to simply be there. That's where it all starts. What I mean with that?

So this new player shows up on your server (you see the "Welcome ... to the server" message) and you're busy building or such? Pause for a moment and take the time to welcome that player, make them feel welcomed. You see a new player trying to buy a nametag? Tell them about eggyfying (right click mob. with stick to get the egg back) so that they can save some money. New(er) player (my margin lies around 40 days) tries to sell a promo for 3k while obviously thinking its a lot of money? Be that player to warn them that they can probably get 10k at least.

That's where it counts. In my opinion. Events and stuff happen all the time, but that one moment where you can help your fellow players out.. Those are moments where lasting impressions are made, and those usually don't reoccur.

So yah, that's my well meant suggestion for you: don't think too big, just try to be there where it counts.

And in conclusion I'm really happy to see that you're having such a great time here. Because in the end that's what this is all about afterall!
    nuclearbobomb and Mayoman100 like this.
  3. Mr. Luser! Do i need to take you on a extensive spelling course?
  4. What's wrong with trying to charge fee's from our new playerbase? :D
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  5. Problem is, cant seem to find new ppl when im on :(

:D but thanks ShelLuser

P.S. I know that you are plotting something too... don't try to hide... haha jk :p
    ShelLuser likes this.