[SUPPORT] My Movement Keeps Sticking On

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Qwertyip, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Thankfully you wiped your laptop yesterday, so if it doesnt work, you will not have lost too much breaking in progress.
  2. My W key gets "stuck" on my laptop aswell, but I havent had the problem since I took my keyboard out of the laptop to clean it. But now sometimes my mouse unplugges on its own :eek:
  3. Mojang could do what they've done with most things and just put it into minecraft, there's something in Mojangs TOS that says they can use mods that others have made without permission from them in the game.
  4. am i the only one in the world who kind of likes windows 8?
  5. Yes.
    Crazy1080 and margaritte like this.
  6. No! I like it. I never used the start menu anyway, or the desktop, or the taskbar. W8 GREATLY improved my laptop's performance, and to run programs I just press the Windows key+R and run what I need to.
  7. Then what the heck did you do with it?!
  8. My Computer is fixed.

I wiped it again.
    Installed Windows 7 fully. Skipped vista. (Thank you jkjkjk182 for the info)
    Installed all my drivers...
    Installed Latest Java (Java 7 Update 12)
    DirectX 9
    Installed Minecraft
    And the bug appears to be gone. Been playing for half and hour now, and i havent ran off a cliff unwillingly.

I know this isnt exactly the most convenient fix for other people, but i had nothing to lose from the wipe.

Happy Minecrafting. =]
    NINJATTILA, jkjkjk182 and hawks008 like this.
  9. WOOOOO! :D :p
  10. I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep Optifine installed because of the flashing chunk issue. To fix it I've had to turn off Threaded Optimization in my GPU settings which seems to have dropped my framerate by about 300 FPS. Whenever I have Optifine installed and Threaded Optimization on, I get flashy and transparent chunks all around me which gets really irritating, and also creates another issue which I probably shouldn't mention here. (If you don't already know about it but want to, just send me a PM or catch me in-game and I'll let you know.)

Anyway, I probably won't be much help toward your key sticking issue, but I'll just say that I have also experienced it on Windows 7, and randomly hitting keys on my keyboard fixes it for me. :p
  11. lol, A little late to join in on this conversation. But on my laptop I play Minecraft (and EMC) on, My "W" key is broken. Sometimes it sticks like this wwwwww. or doesn't work at all. I have even had to switch my controls on Minecraft to avoid using the W key. Also for when I am typing on the forums, I usually keep "w" in my clipboard so I can just ctrl+v- instead of dealing with my messed up W.
    jkjkjk182 and Qwertyip like this.