[Suggestion] Wilderness Wednesday

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Oct 13, 2012.

1. a) Forum
    b) In-game notices, same as for the "Mob Arena" (already implemented)

For some quests, they just get coordinates of the starting point and get there themselves - it is part of the quest to get there.
    For other quests - they follow a guide.
    If they get lost or die, depending on the quest rules, they've already failed to complete the quest, or they can try to get to the starting point without the guide.

There would be two types of quests - where all have to start at the same time and obviously where there is a time range for the start. The latter will possibly be a bit more complex to organize.

You can't anyway (same as on professional sport events), you can do your best on the a) - d) points.
    The organizer will think a bit and make some traps for cheaters. :)

Same as other griefing...

It does not have to be every week.
    Organizing a good competition is a lot of work.

But we can start with few simpler competitions, like simple orientation run:
    - There is a shop-chest with "Books and quill"
    - A competitor starts the quest by buying a book (and pays the entry fee this way)
    - (Additional) description of the quest is in the book
    - Competitor has to keep the book and return it upon completion
    - As competitors visit check points, they write words they find into the book
    - Upon return, they sign and sell the book
    - After expiration of the deadline, the organizers check the books and announce results.

I think this will be a lot of fun both for the organizers and for the competitors. :)
  2. Indeed alex, Indeed.
    But maybe after all of the other things are eventually put into MC, This would be nice too.
  3. I want this!
  4. I just wanted to bump this idea since I hadn't gotten any feedback on it in a while, and I know that a lot of players were supporting it before. I often see players on the server mentioning that they are bored, and this may help create additional purpose to the game for some players.
  5. Well I support this on a different day because Wednesdays are mobarena events. Saturday would be nice :)
  6. I think this is a great Idea and would give players more reasons to play out in the wild! :) I would love to see this implemented in as a fun thing to do until dragon tombs :) but players. Should be able to op out. (Shaunwhite LOL) and bring one thing like a couple torches or maby pick from a kit or something but something simple :)
  7. I love this idea!
  8. I was thinking about organizing a quest for holidays, but I did not have enough time - I was thinking of team of 3-5 organizers that would gather and test ideas and prepare the first quest.
    Perhaps a "Hidden Treasure" quest for the start. :)
  9. I wonder what would happen if people just afked in a safe spot or stayed offline...
  10. But they could just log out or go into another smp for the 24 hours.