[Suggestion] Wandering Santa

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by farmerguyson, Dec 20, 2022.

1. The Secret Santa event this year was a fun and great idea and it made me think of this suggestion for future consideration, Wandering Santa.

A friendly mob like the wandering trader but dressed in red that spawns with the message "Ho Ho Ho" instead of "Gobble Gobble". Wandering Santa's season of spawn will be the same as Blizz Ard's.

Santa spawns fairly near a player in Wasteland and only the Wasteland to encourage players to explore. Spawn frequency could be the same as Blizz Ard's.

The player will have a few minutes to find santa after the "Ho Ho Ho" message is displayed. Once found, click on Santa to receive a random gift. Santa then despawns immediately.

The random drops could be:

Peppermint stick - an enchanted stick, for looks only, that is used to eggify mobs for 40r, slightly less than the stick we have. Rare drop.

Santa's socks - red leather socks gives the wearer the ability to walk on powdered snow and frost walker for easily crossing open water. Rare drop.

Candy - candy is very common around the holiday's but the Wandering Santa is frugal so their candy is Haunted Candy purchased in bulk the day after Halloween. Since the candy is close to two months old Santa gives more than one piece. Not as common of a drop as snowballs.

Snowballs - a stack of snowballs as the common drop
  2. I forgot to put [Suggestion] in the title. 🤔
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. I give this idea a BIG +1, farmerguyson! :+1::D
    farmerguyson likes this.
  4. This needs to happen. :D
    +9001
    We3_MPO and farmerguyson like this.
  5. Fixed that for you :D

I really love this idea - reminds me of when the Pevensie children first meet Santa in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe :rolleyes:

+1 from Nony :p
    MoreMoople, We3_MPO and farmerguyson like this.
  6. +1

But wondering if the Santa season isn't starting at the end of January. He's so busy in December 😄
    Not too bad of an idea to have the Minibosses overlap... Be nice if something lasted through April. Maybe turn off the Turkeys and bring on the Santa's? (Villager in red leather)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. About the holiday mobs, that's a smart idea! Perhaps we could have the Christmas ones extend into January, then come up with two or three things for February (Valentine's Day) and March/April (St. Patrick's Day/Easter), respectively. Perhaps a "Love Bird" red parrot, and an "Easter Bunny" killer rabbit and/or a "Lucky Green Bird" green parrot?
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  8. Somewhere in the history of the updates after the 4 Bosses, Aikar said it was the plan to add more mini-boss mobs, just had to work out the details for them. Mojang kinda played along with that idea by adding the Wandering Trader in vanilla.

A seasonal mob keeps the game interesting and a bit of change adds some spice. This time of year we get Feast chests and Super Turkeys. Soon the Blizz'Ards and Holiday chests will land. But in the summer ... bupkis, nada, zippity zilch. It would be nice to work on the other seasons also.
    farmerguyson and We3_MPO like this.
  9. TBH I hate the current season. I can't use my farm because I risk having the darn chests spawning and breaking it.
    I'm fine if a new mob is added, but please let's not add more chests spawning around.
  10. Using just the Wasteland for any new additions would eliminate that.

I enjoy hunting for the chests, it's a mini treasure hunt. I've been working on a thought for something like that but I'll save that for another thread.
  11. Was kind of thinking the seasonal stuff is all packed together right now, from Nov thru March, it would be nice if the extra stuff was a little more spread out.

Perhaps, if there was an SS service to add boundary blocks (?) to cap farms to solve Fred's issue. That should keep them out of and on top of the farms is my thinking