[Suggestion] Upgrades to /p and /v

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Jay2a, Aug 24, 2015.

1. I don't have much of an example/demonstration for this, but this is something that has been bothering me for a while now. The /p and /v commands will often use autofill features or other features that make it, in some cases, impossible to find the person you're looking for.
    -Say I wanted to visit 607's or 11196's property. When I try to visit them, /v will instead try to go to that residence number instead of the person who owns it.
    -What if, for example, I wanted to /p Notch (Yes, I know he hasn't been on EMC). Even if he had been registered on the server already, the /p command will automatically go to the first name starting with Notch in alphabetical order, in this case, Notch010.

These are just a couple minor things that have been bothering me. I know they may not be significant enough to change, but it would be useful in some cases.
  2. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

When I try /p shiy on smp2 then I get the stats. for my friend Shiyvah. When I then try /p shiy<tab> I see 2 player names: shiyvah and shiyetnt. Yet I always get to see Shiyvah. That could be because shiyetnt is derelict, but even so: /p didn't automatically pick the name on alphabetic order in this case.

(edit):

Better example: PenguinDJ, PenguinDJ2, PenguinDJ3, PenguinDJ4.

How many ALT's does Hashhog have anyway?!

More seriously: /p PenguinDJ gets me just that: the stats for PenguinDJ, and not one of those other names.

So although I don't quite understand what you're suggesting, I also can't reproduce the behavior you're mentioning here.
  3. I like these the way they are.

Residence names should always be prioritized over owner. If /v 607 took you to 607's res, /v firefloor would not take you to firefloor, /v creaturecapture would not take you to creature capture, and so on.

Why would you want to /pinfo a player who hasn't been on the server? :confused: In any case, it's useful if players don't want to type out a full name - for instance, a very long name with lots of numbers.
    ShelLuser likes this.