[Suggestion] Turkey Trotters II

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by unixbrain, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Protection X is too OP :p
  2. edited post

also, they're leather so.. is it really?
  3. Honestly too much with Prot 10, what is effectively speed 2.25 at all times, and unbreakability, but I do like the concept! Maybe one that leans into one of these aspects to serve as a sidegrade to the current Trotters to make for a more interesting choice when it comes to gear decisions?
    Maybe one that prioritizes combat, with greater protection & unbreakability at the cost of some speed & near all fall resistance?
    Or one that leans even further into mobility, with comparable speed to this & similar falling protection, but it is final and only has mending to prevent it from breaking so it is not suited to any level of sustained engagement.
  4. Alright, edited to Prot 4.

EMC already has Stretchy Pants which are unbreakable and soulbound netherite so I don't see the harm in unbreakable soulbound leather boots.

If you went with mending alone, it would be too easy to break.
    Leather boots' durability is only 65.
    I added mending to my Trotters and a pack of netherhounds on diff 5 destroyed the trotters faster than I could react to remove the boots.
    Unbreaking is a "random chance" function anyway, you can be extremely lucky with Unbreaking or very unlucky.

Probably if it had the durability of Iron it would be okay.