[SUGGESTION] Time Clock

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ENWehr, Nov 10, 2012.

?

Would you like to see the Empire implement this?

I want a clock on the website 6 vote(s) 14.6%
I want a /time comand 4 vote(s) 9.8%
I want both a /time comand and a clock 26 vote(s) 63.4%
This is a bad idea. 5 vote(s) 12.2%
  1. it
    14:09 zulu currently, I don't know if that is GMT
  2. USA Time I think P/EST?
  3. It is. GMT Time is the main time because UK founded the timezones
  4. It's 14:11 currently over here, so yes, you're correct
    nfell2009 likes this.
  5. I vote we use GMT/Zulu/ whatever you wanna call it! We should call it Empire Time
    nfell2009 likes this.
  6. I'm pretty sure that is just whatever time your computer is running on..
    or it could be Eastern.. :confused:
  7. Indeed it's the time your computer is running on.
  8. Haha
    nfell2009 likes this.
  9. hour* sorry
    _Stads_ likes this.
  10. This is a great idea! I'm not to sure about how it would work in-game but I would love to see it there and on the site. I agree putting it top left above the logo is the perfect location for it, all Ill ask is that it's a 24h time clock not am/pm as that would be more confusing... I've seen this done on other sites, note often than you would think and so I'm guessing it wouldn't be all that hard to achieve :)
    Well anyway great idea, I love it!
  11. I don't use 24hr clock.
  12. i know this is off topic but i have seen that, its hilarious xD
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  13. i made an "edit:" to the post.
    Also, bump
  14. Like everything, i'll give you the perks and drawbacks to this (we'll do perks first):
    • It may solve the timezone confusion on when things will end, start, or when to arrive.
    • It may also aid in a time guide for how long it will take for something to happen.
    The Disadvantages:
    • Implementing the code takes up some space on the server HDDs and will cause a bit more lag - which EMC doesn't need if we can help it.
    • Everyone already has a clock on his/her computer anyways ... he/she may just look at their own clock, everyone can say - meet me in 30 minutes, and know how to figure that one out.
    • Which timezone do we go off of? Not everyone will agree to the defaulted time - EMC is in ESD Time Zone ... but a lot of players are also in GMT ... and rest are in Australia or Brazil or other time zones that will be affected by it, and everything the server does - it needs to be fair - and take into account everyone's time zones.
    That's my idea on the issue - eklektoi

I highly doubt there concerned about 4KB of space on the HDD
    nfell2009 likes this.

1) just one clock on the website then.
    2) What if the they want to say a certain time of a certain day? So like noon of 11/30/2012. Which noon of which time zone? It could be the noon of the websites clock
    3) Which time zone do we use? The one where Justin Guy or ICC is from or whatever time zone the staff decides on.
  15. Some sense.
    If and only IF this was done, that's what timezone the clock would have to be, as GMT is literally where time begins, where all other timezones are measured from.
  16. It would most likely not take up 4KB... definitely more than that, but still it would be miniscule and the servers run off of SSDs and this would not slow them down.
  17. It's a few lines of code It'll only be 4KB at max.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  18. I understand exactly what your saying but for members who are slightly less than educated would be very confused with trying to comprehend this. It dosn't matter though what time zone is used, so long as there is a clock that everyone can readily reference for a universal EMC time.