[Suggestion] The tutorial, once again....

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Hi gang,

Sometimes I seriously get the impression that the powers that be don't seem to realize that some of the suggestions which are being shared here (now not necessarily talking about mine mind you) are actually done with the best interest of EMC in mind. Worse yet, I think some of those should be picked up as bug reports and not so much suggestions. It's obvious some of us don't agree on that point so I'm definitely not going to persist and from here on only going to enjoy the server without bothering myself over what happens in the tutorial anymore.

That is... not without giving it one last nudge.

Suggestion: fix the tutorial so that players don't get stuck, or lost while searching for things (note: it is the Empire which persuades players to go out and look for distant things in the first place by promising them eastern eggs to find), and on top of that: make it more obvious that once out in the Frontier you're on your own.

I'm not going to press but I'm starting to get weird impressions. See: the problem is that although it has been vaguely mentioned that you can't chat outside town it is definitely not obvious for new players. I kinda "did" something on that part to find out. Although there is a warning about it being better to start in town than in the Frontier I also think EMC shouldn't stick their head in the sand on this one and acknowledge that not being able to chat outside a section whilst being on the same server is pretty specific for EMC.

What I'm saying here is that I can't help be convinced that plenty of players have left the tutorial into the Frontier while under the impression that "worst case scenario I can ask for help", but that doesn't quite work out that way on EMC. People end up getting lost, unimpressed and leave.

Which I think is throwing away the potential of getting new players onboard.

Can't say I didn't try ;)
    Esrik likes this.
  2. I am happy to share that this suggestion has been obsoleted by the latest chat update.

Sure: not entirely, players getting stuck could still happen (I can't say for sure) but the central problem of players running out into the Frontier and then getting lost has been fixed. And well.. one step at a time.

I think this is no longer needed so I asked staff to close / archive it (well, I am going to after this message ;) ).