[Suggestion] The Politics of Supporter

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by FirstJugBurgerz, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Ok look, the whole white on white thing is just sort of bogus, in my eyes. I've gotta agree with Jacob in that we are ignored in-game often. Jacob and I are even high-posting members and well-known members at that. This morning I said hi to everyone, and asked how they were doing. No responses. Then a supporter says that they have stocked part of their shop, and everyone, including myself, flocked to the store. I just don't get it, the supporters have the other supporters' support and the rest of us are out to scramble for ourselves, and we sometimes get the occasional respectful supporter to us, any person who has been like this to me I consider a really good friend on EMC. I kind of feel like "Hey, I would get my respect back if I became a supporter again, at the expense of $$." However, things aren't like that, in fact I feel that the continuing, well-known supporters today are only staying at that level because they don't want to lose respect by demoting themselves to white. Very few on these servers are willing to lose their special 'status' because they don't want to face the idea of losing the respect of the players who still continue to pay.

I don't wanna be a hater or start a war, but this is how I've felt since the very beginning, and I guess I've finally cracked.
    I am not demoting supportership either, but supportership should not be about respect, which is what I think of when I saw some of my irl friends choose to become supporter, they didn't actually need it but got it for the status.
  2. This happened to me today, I needed 1 ink sac, posted on SMP1 and 0 responses. But I bet if Todd_Vinton asked it would be sold.
  3. these are two different things no? one is you trying to get players talking in chat, another is just a shop owner advertising. imo most anyone saying something like "my shop is restocked now" will probably get players to swing by just to check it out regardless of whether they're a supporter or not. :)
    607 and Twitch1 like this.
  4. a diamond supporter was just banned, so there goes that theory :p
    regulars (or "whites" as they are sometimes called by the blues and banana colors) are just as highly esteemed depending on merit. silken_thread and m4nic_m1ner have always been respected on smp6 and they were only iron for map hide a short while. now since my home is on smp6 i only have them to really know the issue, but im sure others can vouch for more normal members being respected
    Twitch1 likes this.
  5. This just in, FirstJugBurgerz has a dream that one day players will be judged not for the color of their name, but by the content of their character. He (I think..) has a dream that every hill of self respect that (some) supporters (and regular) sit on will be lowered and every valley of humility that (some) new players and white names sit on will be exalted. With this faith we will be able to carve out of the mountain of judgement a beautiful statue of equality. When this happens we will shout, "Freedom at last!" We will let the freedom bell ring from plot to plot, from /town to /town, from /server to /server. All will hear the bell of freedom. And all players will be as one. Whether you be Blue named or White named, Male or Female, Straight or Homosexual, Pro or N00b, Jew or Gentile, Religious or Atheist. All players will be as one.
  6. Every time I glance at this thread...... I see this before you even typed it.
    Maxarias and Mirr0rr like this.
  7. I had to alter it so that it fit the context.