[Suggestion] SS MapArt Service!

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by DrasLeona247, Aug 29, 2022.

1. The premise is simple!!!

Currently, you cannot transfer maparts to other smp's because the physical build is on one smp's frontier.

However, what if there is a SS service (50k or 100k) where, after you build a mapart, a staff member can copy it and physically paste it way out in the wild on another smp?

Then, they can give you a physical locked copy of the map to display! The "copied" mapart blocks can then be deleted since the locked map is safe.

This would spread the artwork of EMC with little to no downside other than the time of the SS, but it would still cost rupees!
    Burki, AncientTower, Kryarias and 2 others like this.
  2. This would be a good implementation. There are some cool designs I would like to see on SMP8.

Also, every time you type "mapart" instead of "map art," I read it as "apart" with an "m" in front. To me, it's like typing "abstractart" instead of "abstract art" -- or "Americanart" instead of "American art" (with "Americanart" sounding like a specific group of people from America). :p
    DrasLeona247 and Tuqueque like this.
  3. +gecko approved

but pricing would probably be between 100-200k
    UltiPig and DrasLeona247 like this.
  4. My quick response - An added cost of materials to your original idea.

For this part of your suggestion (I highlighted in green) - I would think it's possible to paste it up high in an explored area (Like y=250- 300) and not need to travel and possibly open up new land. I also think you should make it so that you have to have all the build materials on that smp and they take those items upon completion.

What I mean is, your idea, and in a vault(s), you have all the build items or maybe even a locked chest on the smp you desire. Which has all the materials it would take to reconstruct the map art. SS takes your money and your materials to get you that map. An added cost of materials to your original idea. With a few quick commands the map art would be placed, map made, and blocks evaporated. The map would then be mailed to the recipient.

Prob I see is people complaining about giving SS more work. Honestly, how often are these requests going to come up? I could see SS needing to pop on these requests once a month. It takes a long time to gather the resources - even if buying and making the art. Not something people are gonna be doing every 5 mins let alone a daily need. If anything I see support for this. If someone knows they can make art and for a cost, share it on any SMP, building these will become more desireable, which means an increased demand in supplies, which in turn increases shop sales.

+1
  5. Great idea!
  6. cool
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. Let’s get creative
    DrasLeona247 likes this.