(Suggestion) Soulbound Purchasable/Senior Staff service?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by QuilliamPenn, May 27, 2016.

1. Not sure if anyone has ever brought this up before, but wanted to share my two cents.

I just dug up my old Super-Sword out of my vault today, I made this thing a few months after i joined the empire (Back in 2012) and I'm not ashamed to say, I've been through a lot with this sword. Though it did spend lots of time gathering dusts in chests, It has served me well for these four years and I am attached to it somewhat.

My question is, is it possible to make the Soulbound enchantment obtainable? I rarely take this sword out, but when i do, the fear of dying and losing it somehow haunts me constantly. I'm not going to sit here and ask for a freebie of course, and the Soulbound would have to be something very pricey (400,000-500,000r?) So as to help keep the enchantment rare and valuable, and i would think you could obtain it via staff or the empire store, for this hefty cost.

Just a thought! I for one, would happily chuck out half a million rupees or more, for my beloved sword.
  2. This was denied awhile ago for a few reasons. One of the most prevalent being if you could add soulbound onto any sword it would diminish the value of already soulbound promos.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Ah, i can understand that. I wasn't sure if it had been brought up or not. Thanks for the info!
  4. Just a few things which might be good to know...

If you take it out and end up swimming in lava then sure: you'll lose it. But otherwise you still have plenty of options to retrieve it. If you die and drop items then only you or your friends (see /fr help) will be able to pick 'm up in the first 8 minutes. This helps you to keep your items, even when you're with other players.

Another problem could be finding your death point. Well: bring a compass. Better yet, bring a soulbound compass: the Empire assistant (see /assist new). The moment you die a compass will point you to your deathpoint making it very easy to find the spot again (and retrieve your stuff).

/dlog will also work btw (showing you the coordinates) but I like the compass approach better.

Maybe that can also help a bit?
    QuilliamPenn likes this.
  5. See, i didn't know you could do that! Back in my day (meaning when i first joined four years ago) We couldn't do stuff like that, and I guess that's on me for not really keeping up with the 'times' as far as neato features! I appreciate it!
    SoulPunisher and ShelLuser like this.