[Suggestion] Skeleton Horses

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by NetherSpecter, Nov 22, 2016.

1. With 1.9 being solidified and 1.11 swiftly on it's way we seem to be leaving behind a much loved feature from the current version. I'm talking about skeleton horses. Instead of finding different solutions these horses have been disabled and unobtainable. Yet I can't help but notice people keeping them in glass cages for display.

I guess what I'm getting at here is below there are two alternatives to getting these cute guys instead of just leaving them in the wilderness and wastes. Now it seems the issue as to why we can't get them is cause Minecraft calls them as pre-tamed and as such someone could just steal them right off your res.

1. Eggifying - You can eggify every single passive mob in the game (besides bats but those things are pretty hostile themselves) so why not these little guys. If someone eggifys them the system declares the horse as theirs and adds in a variable that as long as they egged them last they can ride it and no one else. To prevent players from eggifying them from each other in the wild they can't be eggified, unless in town, by anyone other than the owner. Doesn't anyone seem to remember SS having Zombie horses and Skeleton horses when they first came out? Any reason these can't use the system those had? Just curious.

2. Vouchers - When you kill a Skeleton horse it would have a x% chance to drop a Horse Voucher when used this voucher gives the player a random stated horse under their ownership and the rules to egging in option one applies. These horses can't be bred by default I believe, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I hoped I wrote this clearly as I'm obviously trying to get this out and these may seem like dumb ideas but at the very least the community could expand on it and maybe, just maybe, it's possible to get these suckers ride able.
    Tuqueque and Duflet like this.
  2. I don't know much about programming but if this makes skeleton horses rideable - then +1 from me :)
    NetherSpecter likes this.
  3. 1k vote bonus:
    • Voter's horse: stats 120% Speed and jump
    • 10Hp(if it dies, the spawn egg returns to your mail)
    • It is skeleton horse
    NetherSpecter likes this.
  4. 10 health or 10 hearts? 10 health is 5 hearts on screen.
  5. staff denied a voter horse, a while back because if it died, then it wouldnt be voter. So what im proposing is a low health horse, that dies easily, but you will always have him. It doesnt really matter, but sure 20 health(10 hearts)
  6. Actually, we can eggify every passive mob except for bats.

Neutral Mobs would be spiders, endermen, and wolves.
  7. Fairplay. :p