[Suggestion] Shorter derelict for new players

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PAVI259, Feb 9, 2014.

?

Should this be implemented?

Yes 15 vote(s) 71.4%
No 6 vote(s) 28.6%
  1. I would like to see some proof of these players are just joining and never coming back, because it just seems that you are seeing players join the server, play for a bit, and the leave, whilst not actually noting if they comeback in 30 days. And with derelict claims every hour now and other servers for them to join, the systems is not clogged at all. And look the first thing new players see when they join.
    2014-02-10_00.43.50.png
    Well, huh. Look at that.

If this was implemented, it would actively be punishing new players simply for the point of being new. "Hey, new player, we know the derelict policy is 30 days for everyone else, but for you guys, it's half. But it's okay, it's purely for the fact of trying of trying to get people to play, make sense right?" The moment a new player here's of this, they will disconnect and never come back, not really encouraging flow...
  2. I have proof of the residence that was next to mine. The derelict status was in less than 24 hours and the last time they logged in was 30 days ago. PROOF that this happens. This is a suggestion and needs tweaking, no need to be rude. The system of a recommended server for new players to populate, in my idea, is clogged because what is the point of trying to populate a certain server whilst you can't populate it any more. Maybe the suggested server should change more frequently or something else needs to change. This is just a suggestion and in my eyes seems like an okay way with others contributions on what to do. You bring up very good points and I must agree with you. And please don't make false accusations because it is very rude. If you want proof just ask for it.
  3. I think I did ask for it but it seems unneeded now.
    And having a different opinion is not being rude, people make these threads in the full knowledge that somebody could heavily disagree with that they are saying.
    You keep talking about the recommend server clogging things up, when it's not, they are 8 other lovely servers for them to go on, a suggestion for players to go to others servers is the first thing they see out of the tutorial and it also comes up when they do /v open.
    In reality, no open res's is exactly what we want, it shows that EMC is finally crawling out of the pit it's been stuck in the last year or so.
    Now, I'm not disagreeing with putting it down to 15, (I wish it stayed at 10) but I do disagree with putting it only on new members, it just isn't fair to them.
  4. I wasn't meaning that you making the post was rude, rather the fact that you were rude when you said "Well, huh. Look at that." And you also made it sound like I didn't know if this was actually going on when you could have asked for help. I agree that we want no open residences, but when residences sit there and other people really want to play on that server because they're friends are on that server then they don't have a plot to build. And with the "clogging" it's hard for me to explain it when I am typing. But I am trying to say that the recommended server should switch when the open res count is zero maybe. This would allow the server that was previously recommended to sort out and then the res's will be derelict. Actually I think that is a great idea... If we have the server switch more often instead of lowering the derelict time so the res's that aren't used go derelict then it switches back to that server or something along those lines.
  5. Well. I think Aikar plans to make it randomized for new players so there is equal amounts of new players on each server, unless he already did this :p
  6. Yeah, I've heard that it switches every few months but that might be too long.
  7. I built a wood hut and left for the wild the first two months I was on EMC. You have to give people time to fall in love with this server.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  8. >.>
    I just stayed addicted to rupees. 10k was a lot when I first joined xD
  9. This thread isn't about what they build but when they are offline for extended periods of time.