[Suggestion] Shop signs for others

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by rykly18, Mar 27, 2019.

?

Good idea?

Yes 3 vote(s) 30.0%
Yes with restrictions 6 vote(s) 60.0%
Not sure 1 vote(s) 10.0%
I don't think so? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Definitely not 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hey EMC, a friend and I were talking about how I enjoy creating and stocking shops, but I dislike building huge structures such as a mall, while they enjoyed building huge structures such as malls and disliked creating shop signs :p. This led him to suggest "I wish you could create shop signs for me :/" So I decided to bring it to the forums! I tried to search through and didn't find any other suggestions that were exactly like this one. I feel like this would only be allowed if a player has an admin flag for that res to minimize the possibility of any negative side effects. This could also help out players that have multiple accounts but one is far out in the wilderness and their alt is in town, trying to create a mall for their main account. Any thoughts or concerns about this idea? Let me know and let's discuss!
    Foxy_Kitty and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. I see what you're saying but if that was possible then anyone could add any name to the first line of the shop sign and potentially use it to drain someones rupees by making a sell sign and spamming that sell sign. Now obviously that would land that person a one way ticket to banned City...

I know you mention your mains in the wild but the alts in town... why not shift the rupees from one account to the other after profit has been made.

Also if the alt and main have perms then they can make buy/sell signs on each others res's but again the account that makes the sign will be the account that the signs list on the first line regardless of res ownership.
    rykly18 likes this.
  3. I thought about this too, which is why I also thought it would make sense to only allow creating buy signs? This is also why the player must have admin since the vast majority of players that have admin on another's residence are alts or players who have known each other and for a long time. Obviously we have to trust that the players follow the rules, there is the same risk that someone with build flag on a res can destroy valuable blocks and sell them later in my opinion.
  4. I voted yes with restrictions. As the system is now, I have to agree with AT. There are too many people who give out admin waaaaaaay too easily and i'm certain this would be abused. However, perhaps this could be added to the Empires update?

If you are part of an Empire, you can place signs for your Empire - maybe it could even be a permission the Empire leader could assign?
    rykly18 likes this.
  5. maybe a vouch for some so they can for 30m?
    TomvanWijnen and rykly18 like this.
  6. Something we could do to solve this is give them permission to do it, like jewel said :p

I think it's a good idea but with the vouch instead. What Tower said could very well happen and that's really no fun.
    rykly18 likes this.
  7. I totally agree, that was the main problem I saw with my suggestion so I brought it here for community input!
    I really like this idea actually! It's kinda like the vouch command so it can't be abused as easily
  8. So, this may be simpler by applying the Villager Trading code to members who want and pay for it. So this may also work in the Frontier/Wild and Waste. In this case Rupees may or may not be used.

. . . . for that matter, maybe members would not want or pay for it. It would be coded so each member would just be able to trade if they wanted to.

-BZ-
    rykly18 likes this.