[SUGGESTION] Seasonal Headless Horseman

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Jan 24, 2018.

?

Yeah or No?

Yeah 4 vote(s) 80.0%
No 1 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. This would obvously be powerful. It would probably have the same resistance levels as Momentus, as the HH would be a close range fighter. He would have a charge attack that forces him to charge in a straight line with Strength II, making his axe a possible one hit kill on players with low-level armor. His drops could be unique promos unattainable by purchasing from the shop or /promo.

He would be a zombie on a zombie horse. The zombie horse’s damage would transfer over to the horseman, and upon dying, the hiorse would die (like the bat used for Marlix)
  2. Just what mob would be the "headless horseman" ?
  3. Edited OP
  4. Sounds nifty but horses are passive mobs and will just move slowly allowing for an easy target.
    Think of it like this, Marlix isn't controlling the bat. The bat is doing its own thing while the skeleton does its thing which is shooting an arrow at the player close by.
    So this idea would be just a zombie on a passive mob, sure if you get close to the zombie it might attack but it can't move the horse to you should you back away and kill it with an arrow.
    Ethy202 likes this.
  5. Due to some recent update, hostile mobs on horses, chickens, pigs, or the like will control the passive mob (skeleton horses, fir example)
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. Could possibly just use the skeleton horses since they spawn with riders already and are hostile.
    Tuqueque and Ethy202 like this.
  7. +1
    Ethy202 likes this.
  8. Something like this?

This guy has a white name because I didn't want to bother myself with functions (it's a bit bothersome sometimes), so just imagine the colored name and all that. This is basically a zombie horse with a zombie as passenger which wears a jack 'o' lantern and holds a diamond sword. Both items don't have any further attributes.

I think it could definitely be an interesting combination, and a new custom mob would always be fun. There could be one small complication though... With 1.12 both mobs control the direction where the whole group is traveling to, and I noticed that the zombie dismounted the horse a few times:

That can probably be fixed using code (note: I didn't spend much time going over the mob NBT attributes).

If you want to spawn this critter yourself:

Code:
    /summon zombie_horse ~-1 ~ ~-6 {Fire:32767,ActiveEffects:[{Id:12,Duration:32767,Amplifier:0,Ambient:-1}],Passengers:[{id:"zombie",CustomName:"Headless Horseman",CustomNameVisible:1,ArmorItems:[{},{},{},{id:"lit_pumpkin",Count:1}],HandItems:[{id:"diamond_sword",Count:1},{}],Fire:32767,ActiveEffects:[{Id:12,Duration:32767,Amplifier:0,Ambient:-1}]}]}

But yeah, +1, I like the idea. And you got to admit: with that lantern and all the guy really looks menacing!
    Tuqueque and Ethy202 like this.