[SUGGESTION] Remove the participants limit for private conversations [closed by request]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by We3_MPO, Feb 24, 2018.

?

What do you think?

+1. I've had this issue before. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+1. This would really help others. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
-1. We don't need this. Just deal with it somehow. 1 vote(s) 50.0%
+2. I've had this issue before, and it would really help others too. 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I suggest this because, if someone has over 21 members (20 if they exclude their self) in their outpost community and wants their members to be allowed to discuss some things that the general public shouldn't be allowed to, and/or if their governmental entity is huge, they would have to make multiple conversations to ensure that no one was left out. At this point, I have four conversations running for an outpost well into the 40s in terms of how many members it has (governmental members being in every convo makes the issue quite a bit worse, especially former ones left over in older ones). I've ran into this issue very long ago despite the conversation limit being raised from 11 to 21 in November 2015, when I normally would've, and BreezyMan and JohnKid (they're part of the MPO's governmental entity too and are EMC staff) have talked to Krysyy in PM about this or something alike, at least from what they've told me. However, I am bringing this into public discussion and so I can allow all staff to see (I'd need like 2 convos for that) because they didn't and that was a while back.

I'm sure other people have probably had this issue too. My mom thinks that there shouldn't be a limit at all, because even raising the limit like BreezyMan and JohnKid recommended wouldn't work for some huge outposts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the staff team is so huge too that if you wanted or needed to discuss something with all staff (or even all non-developers that are staff) and the public shouldn't be allowed to see, you'd need more than one conversation for that too. At the time of writing, there are 38 EMC staff members, and 32 if you count none of the developers but everyone else that is staff.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. I wouldn't mind seeing this, for my outpost I use discord to keep everyone in the loop n such but even then some people don't have a discord and can't get one which makes it difficult. So in the end not having a limit would make things easier.
    +1
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. I think this would be cool in a way so +1
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. It used to be 10 and we extended it. There is never a reason you need to message all staff in one conversation. As for outposts, I'm looking into something for that...
    _Devuu__, We3_MPO and ChespinLover77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.