[Suggestion] Public/Private Res Locations

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Apr 22, 2015.

?

Public/Private Res Locations: Good idea?

+1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
0 0 vote(s) 0.0%
-1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+Penguin (+1,000) 16 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Hello! I have a new suggestion that I think would be very useful: public and private res locations.

Currently you can make all res locations public or private via the /res set namedtp t/f command. However, it'd be very useful if there was a way to make individual locations public or private (able to be teleported to).

Applications
    - Parkour: during competitions, the host will be able to teleport to the end of the course (to see winners) while the rest of the teleports on the res are still active.
    - Drop parties, so only the host can access the drop area.
    - Some more. Post below if you have anything I can add here.

How would this work?
    First, you'd have to set a normal location, say I wanted to set blueend. That is the end of my blue parkour course at 11217. You'd do /res loc set blueend. This exists.

The location would automatically set the location as public. This is the current message when a res location is set:
    2015-04-22_17.34.25.png

I suggest the first line to say "Saved Public Location for blueend". This will make it clear that you're setting a public location.

You can then change whether you want the location to be public or private with a new command:

/res loc public/private [LocName]

Choosing public or private and replacing the [LocName] with the location you wanted, in my case, blueend, will change whether or not other players will be able to teleport to that location. If not, this message will appear:

You don't have permission for that (location is private).

More Details
    Players with +namedtp will be allowed to teleport to private flags.

As always, please suggest improvements and changes, and vote in the poll. Thanks,

-PenguinDJ
  2. Sounds pretty useful...
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. This would help a lot for DPs with out having to keep stacking blocks or build a ladder to get to the platform
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  4. +218,492,182,488,803,018
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. Great Idea! This should be added :)
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. This sounds like a good idea. I would definetly use it if it were added.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  7. Added to the todo list: http://track.emc.gs/issue/EMC-724

Though cant do the +namedtp part - you already require that flag to use them in first place.
    We would have to add another flag.
    Justin8846 and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. Thank you So much for Suggesting this Feature i was just Saying this like 2 weeks on smp8. A very Grateful Player