[Suggestion] Provide new players a small amount of building materials

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by farmerguyson, Feb 20, 2023.

1. One kind of common request I have seen from new(ish) players is for common building blocks. I tend to give them what they need when they ask for very common items when I'm ingame but I can't help all of them. Starting out players do have a bit to get used to inorder to be creative on this server so providing a free shulker of a few stacks of stone, oak logs, and maybe a few seedlings certainly would help them out and maybe get them to stay.

I've noticed some new players are guided to shops for their simple needs and that seems a little predatory. They only have a small amount of rupees. Why make them pay for some starter blocks? Yes, there is the Waste but I've witnessed hesitation and a bit of confusion when they do get out there.
    607 likes this.
  2. This is everything a new player gets already, minus the shulker box in your suggestion.

607 and JesusPower2 like this.
  3. Oh, ok so that's covered. 🙂 That's great to know. I joined long ago and remembered the starter gear and spawn eggs but not the stone and wood.
    607, JesusPower2 and AncientTower like this.
  4. I didn't mind getting nothing; it is a survival server, after all. However, different people have different playstyles, and I think it's cool that new players get some goodies to start out (which is also an option in survival Minecraft, after all!). Interesting to learn that your suggestion was already implemented. :D
    If I'd see this, I'd head out into the waste right away to try to find some pigs. ;)