[Suggestion] Prevention of Ban Appeals on Forums

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 72Volt, Nov 21, 2012.

?

Forum Appeal Prevention Technique, yay or nay?

Yay 4 vote(s) 30.8%
Nay 6 vote(s) 46.2%
I hereby confirm I am spamming IcecreamCow in a poll with the hope of summoning him 7 vote(s) 53.8%
IcecreamCow 7 vote(s) 53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Two options here.
    1. Have a checkbox in the user interface when making a post/thread. Beside the checkbox, it would say "I agree that I am not posting a ban appeal on the forums and if I am, I understand this severely decreases my chances of getting unbanned as opposed to messaging a moderator with my appeal"
    2. Have a simple message saying something similar.
    It would certainly decrease the amount of ban appeals on the forums and increase the overall quality of the forum posts, what do you guys think?
  2. I have no desire to click a box every time I want to post on a thread. Especially as I often do it from my iPhone were it's nearly impossible to click the 'Post Reply' let alone a click box.
    talukegord likes this.
  3. Although the prevention of these type of forum posts would be nice to us moderators, I agree with JoshPosh about not wanting to click another button. A simple message might be doable.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  4. I say no, and heres why.

Posting a ban appeal and getting rejected is a good experience for the appealer to know what is going wrong. They get insight on how to appeal form the mod, and the thread is closed. No harm done, just a thread in the "Recently Active" box.
  5. Sorry - I just can't take you seriously while your dressed as a tellytubby.
    HylianNinja and 72Volt like this.
  6. But that get rid of so many funny threads.