[suggestion] Pet parrots

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AyanamiKun, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrots are tameable mob like ocelots and wolves but last 2 cant leave ur res.

suggestion: allow parrots 2 follow ppl around in town, like pets (horses can do that also). id really like to visit stuff in town with my trusty parrot on my shoulder ^.^

maybe.. but that might be too much: also into other worlds? parrots can be useful in wastelands b/c they can warn u.

it would be really cool if parrots could be used on more places than just ur residence.
    ICantHitAnything likes this.
  2. +1

I believe the pet system and home res system should be overhauled cause is too glitchy and confusing
    ICantHitAnything likes this.
  3. What do you mean by "home res system"
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. A home res for a pet is the res where the pet gets tpd to if is outside(now only for llamas and horses apply this when you dismount them) you should be able to set to which res it tps you(or maybe assign a specific stable where only that horse can use it, and it auto stables it if you dismount it (you will always have space for that horse on /stable)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Very well. then. Could you specify what you mean by overhauled :) Thanks.

At the time of 1.12 release, it will be confined to your residence. Mainly because parrots pop off your shoulder whenever you jump. It is always possible that this could change in the future, but eggification will be necessary to move cross-worlds for now. :)
  6. We are looking at some other options as well. I better not say anymore, nothing is final till it is released
    AyanamiKun and AncientTower like this.
  7. I'm going to make a Jungle res just for Parrots.... Oh! Just got a fantastic idea... I'l need help on it though..

Picture a giant rounded top bird cage with a wooden bar swing in the center. Now picture a giant Parrot made of wool on that swing... The birdcage will be sitting on a wooden table that will extend down to the bedrock were wool cats will be perched around the table... The bottom of the birdcage will have grass blocks and jungle trees with parrot and ocelot mobs free to move around. (I'm in love with this idea)
    Baradar67 and AyanamiKun like this.
  8. I'm sure a lot of people will too. In addition to the parrots and chickens you will have in this cage, I'm sure there will be a lot of rocket-propelled birbs flying around inside it.
    AncientTower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.