(Suggestion) Paying people through the empire website PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Electrobomb, Oct 6, 2013.

?

How much do you agree with this Idea?

Yes, It's a great Idea 19 vote(s) 61.3%
There's good and bad parts to it 10 vote(s) 32.3%
It's a bad idea 2 vote(s) 6.5%
  1. But hash you gotta think every apple device stops udating every single time a new ios comes out my ipod cant get minechat cause it isnt ios 6.
  2. But, what are they going to do? Give away their rupees? And I believe that if this is implemented, banned players will have no access for website commands.
  3. How would you create a script to transfer rupees without access to the database?
    607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  4. They could send it to an alt or a friend of theirs. An in game ban does not ban you from forums it has to be done manually thus they would have access to the command at least until one of the people who can ban people on forums logs on.
  5. Well to bad then...
  6. This is related to python, but with pywinauto I could do something along the terms of
    Code:
    Open Minecraft
    Enter Login Provided by User
    Connect to an EMC Server
    Console would then ask for name and amount of rupees,
    Console would enter the user's input into chat

Which would look something like this:

name = unicode(raw_input("Type name here"))
    type(name)
    amount = unicode(raw_input("Type amount here"))
    type(amount)
    print "/rupees pay", name, amount

Which if I used "Joshmcf" and "80", comes out with:
    /rupees pay joshmcf 80

The print function could be substituted with the function that would type it into chat

The only problem would be to recode this in a language that naively runs on windows (Such as C) and I do not believe cython handles that...
  7. Yo
    u know what you're right, I have that app lol
  8. Okay, if this is implemented, then banned players shouldn't be able to use site commands.
  9. C#..?

Code:
    using System;
    using System.Net;
    using System.Net.Sockets;

public string username;
    public string password;
    public string serverIP = "smp1.empire.us";
    public int amount;
    public int destinationUser;

public class main
    {
    public void main(EventArgs)
    {
    InitializeComponent();
    //use Net.Sockets to connect to Mojang servers and use string serverIP with string username and string password given by the form beforehand
    connection.Send("chat", "/r pay " + destinationUser + " " + amount); //connection.Send and "chat" will vary depending on how you connected
    }
    }

10. What no... no *looks up innocently*
  11. Found an easier way to do it, but I know that Aikar doesn't like to use pre-made bukkit plugins. But if he did, there is a bukkit plugin named MineIRC that lets you talk in minecraft chat from IRC. I believe that the plugin could be installed on EMC's servers and hooked up to a new IRC channel. Each user would be able to login to the IRC channel from their account on the forums and could then type commands into the IRC, which would then be translated to in-game chat. To remove any possible spam, some simple implementations could be added to limit the IRC to only allow things beginning with "/". (Correct me if I am wrong, as I do not know much about IRC, but I think it would be something like this)

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mineirc/