[Suggestion] Opt-in Residence PvP

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by ultipig, Jul 11, 2024.

?

What do you think?

Yes 6 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I think this would be a good idea for more community interaction. Sure -- there are PvP arenas on Games, but this would also incentivize users to build more on residences.
    Also, "Play your Way!"

The idea is that the owner of a residence can turn on PvP temporarily, using /togglepvp
    or /togglepvpfair.

Players who are standing on the residence (or arrive later) when PvP is toggled would receive this message in the chat box:
    <resowner> has toggled PvP at this residence. Items will not be dropped. Click [YES] to join.
    <resowner> has toggled fair PvP at this residence. Items will not be dropped. Click [YES] to join.

Accepting sends this message:
    Use /togglepvp to exit PvP. You may also leave the residence or exit on respawn.
    Players respawning would be immune to damage for 2-3 seconds, allowing time to escape from the spawn point.

--
    When a player dies, they respawn with damage disabled at the /res unstuck position. The respawning player can choose to respawn at a random respawn point, or exit PvP (red and green wool selection menu).
    --

Join messages:
    player1 has joined residence PvP!
    player2 has joined residence PvP!

Leave messages:
    player1 has left residence PvP!
    player2 has left residence PvP!

The command /togglepvp turns off PvP for the player typing it. If the residence owner types it, it disables it for everyone. The same thing would happen if the owner leaves their residence.
    Residence PvP has been disabled!

Players not participating will not deal or receive damage. They would also have the same appearance as using an invisibility potion (semi-transparent).

3-5 respawn points can be set. These commands would be disabled during PvP.
    PvP spawns cannot be managed during PvP! Click [HERE] to disable PvP.

Add at least 3 PvP spawns to enable PvP.

/res pvpspawn add spawnname
    /res pvpspawn del spawnname
    /res pvpspawn list

/res pvpspawn test spawnname (the reason this is a long command is to prevent abuse as alternative res locations) (it would also show a confirmation menu)
  2. I'm surprised that PVP is still around. I remember the day when chickeneer deleted the SMP6 PVP arenas. A sign of the times, nobody was using them anymore.

Anyways, I'm neutral on this since I don't PVP, nor do I know anyone who does who still plays EMC, but I'm curious what others have to say.