[suggestion] New Player Retention ideas 3#

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by jewel_king, Jul 20, 2020.

?

Should either of these be added?

1# 4 vote(s) 66.7%
2# 6 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Link to 2#

1, Add /help travel
    Often new players go into the Waste or frontier, go mining or building etc. After a bit they often want to return to town to build on their residence or go shopping.
    The trouble comes when they aren't sure how to get back to town, asking in chat can sometimes be helpful for them to find out how but often they end up getting several different suggestions and end up more confused trying to follow multiple sets of instructions at once.
    Adding a help command that can give them clear instructions on how to find a wild outpost and get back to town
    i
    i
    i
    i
    2, Add more info to failed teleport commands
    Currently these are the 2 reply's you get if you try to use /home or /town in the Waste or Frontier,
    this gives a bit of info but adding some more could definitely be helpful
    "You may only teleport to Town from Within Town or From a Wild Outpost"

If /help travel was added
    "Use /help travel for info on returning to town"
    could also be added to the end of that
  2. I like these ideas you have. I hope that if not all, I hope at least some get some consideration. :)
  3. I'm a firm believer in useful help messages. I think that any command or concept unique to EMC should have it's own help messages of 1-3 lines with an additional line referring them to the EMC.GS link with complete details on the topic.
    KatydidBuild and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  4. Note: Both of the following should bring up the same results, or one should refer you to the other. But it should never be hit or miss.
    /<Command> Help
    /Help <command>
  5. I like #2. New players won't go out of their way to find out how to do something; since they aren't invested in the server yet, they'll simply find another server. Therefore, the more intuitive and straightforward things like this are, the better.

Changing the message to "You may only teleport to a residence from a wilderness outpost or from within town" and "x command can only be used within a wilderness outpost or within town" isn't going to entirely solve the problem, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
    DrasLeona247 likes this.