[SUGGESTION] NEW PLAYER MANUELS

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by britbrit3197, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Last night on server 7 we had like 10 new players or something at once, I love new players but it was seriously ridiculous that Panda and me had to explain and describe all the commands over and over again to people.

Now I know you can do /somethingidontremember and get a promo book, but its not working apparently these people do not know how to get that or they are derp.

First things someone ask when they join, "Is this just a build server? Where do I get stuff? How do I do this----?"

Maybe if when new players join they get a book that is like dumbed down (people are lazy readers). And its wrote something like this

CHAT COMMANDS RES COMMANDS
    /CH L talk in local do /help on your res for
    /CH G talk in group a list
    /CH T talk in town

New players do not read forums or at least half of them do not, and they're not going to read the rules thats just how life is, but at least if they had "A Dummies guide to the empire" those questions would be cut in half.

I love helping new people but it gets annoying when your ask how to get back to your res about 20 times

ALSO IDEA BY SONICOL1

All new players are transported to "Limbo" where they are in the void and they can choose what server to go/start on.

Server 7 has enough lag already without new players joining all at once, and apparently the recommended server is 7 now and its causing problems for me and a few others... -_-

THIS IS HORRIBLY WRITTEN AND SPELT WRONG BECAUSE IM FABULOUS AND DON'T CARE AT THE MOMENT
  2. They are given this book already, the /promo is for older members, new members forcefully get it.

We can't really help those who won't read at all :/

Though, I have moved it off SMP7 for now, It's got enough attention already.