[suggestion] need a way to clean up +mall +shop when that location has no shop

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mjnoe70, Mar 27, 2017.

1. It would be nice if some of the non-shop residences were moved out of the rotation when doing +shop and +mall. I jump servers a lot to find best price on items and spend more time just doing /shop or /mall again because I land in either a blank lot, a bunch of chests with no way to buy/sell in them or developed homes with no intention to sell.

Could we get some sort of utility to check for shop signs in a res and clean that from the res when none are found?

....or could we have a quarterly clean where say the someone needs to reset being in the +shop and +mall rotation by doing some command or they get removed from that tag?
  2. If there is no shop/mall you can use

/report playername SS no shops with mall/shop Tag

This will allow SS to remove it for you..

The issue is if it was auto removed. How do you know when or remember?
    ShelLuser and NuclearBobomb like this.
  3. I'm good if the reporting method does not flood staff to much, I was looking for a bit more automated method, but I'll likely have 100 reports in the next 5 days! :eek:
  4. There is no current method to automate this. However, before reporting, please make sure that you do ample investigation on the residence. We've received some reports where there clearly was a buy/sell sign, but you had to look for it a tad.
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  5. Well like I said put that SS in the report as only SS+ can do it.
  6. I'd say for +shop, require at least 3 unique shop signs selling different items, and for +mall, require at least 15 unique shop signs selling different items.
  7. That would be on the player though, Many..... Plus its up to them, kinda hard to restrict players...
  8. What I mean is a (idk what to call this, like a plugin but not a plugin) does not allow +shop for some situations, and +mall, etc
  9. Yes, but what if someone is remodeling their shop/mall, what happens to their tag? And if they set the tag, it might confuse new players if it says they cant set the flag...
  10. I'd say remove the tag after some time (1 day max) and notify the player through a notification (both in game and on forums). I'd say this would go to most notifications, such as important messages, like temp/permbans or the like.
  11. Not many players check notifications, ingame or even forums. Ingame, I sometimes have like 9 pages of mail before i check (Several Weeks), and when i login, I usually go afk, before i see notifications from that.
  12. The simplest solution to this right now is to compile a list of res' that have the tags set incorrectly and send it to the Sr Staff via the forum. Please do NOT use the /report command for these.

We have and will continue to discuss​ other options but until we come up with a better solution this is all we got for more.