[Suggestion][Mob] Various mob suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by charlie_boi, Jan 16, 2017.

1. This thread is solely for the purpose of feedback for mobs that I've come up with and have already submitted a suggestion form for. (And so I don't spam the forum with individual threads)

The videos are how I imagine these would function. They're also taken on my personal test server, the environment there is a lot different than it is on EMC. Please also understand that I have used pre-existing server plugin to create the test mobs as it is much faster than making them from the ground up. The purpose of the test mobs isn't to hand a working mob over to the devs, it's just to show people a tangible mob instead of just reading a giant wall of text about one like you're doing right now. ;)

Constructive feedback/criticism only please! (Don't say it's terrible without giving a reason)

Bosses & Mini-Bosses

Spectral Conjurer

Once an ordinary pigman, when a powerful wizard challenged the forces of the nether this pigman was one of the few survivors when the nether armies finally prevailed. Looting the wizards corpse he took his magical robes and spellbook and gained unfathomable arcane knowledge. He set out to explore other realms and eventually settled in the overworld where he likes to cause mischief.

The Spectral Conjurer is a stationary mob, he prefers to let his summons to the fighting for him.
    This doesn't mean he's defenseless himself though, he can concentrate spectral energy into a damaging burst against anyone who dares oppose him. He will also strike you with his staff if you get too close.

Spectral Conjurer Stats: *Note* These are for my testing environment, they would be much different if this were on EMC.
    • Hitpoints - 150
    • Melee Damage - 3
    • Spectral Surge Damage - 4
    • Resistances/Weaknesses - Melee(25% Resistant), Bow(25% Resistant), Magic(Splash/lingering potions of health & tipped arrows(75% Resistant)), Knockback resistance(100%, knockback enchantments still work), immune to all other sources of damage.
    Spectral Conjurer Abilities:
    • Summon Weapons:
      • The Spectral Conjurer will summon various Spectral Weapons from another realm.
      • This starts off with him just summoning Spectral Swords, as his hitpoints diminish he will also summon Spectral Axes and Spectral Scythes.
      • Spectral Healers have a 33% chance of being summoned during any conjuring attempt.
      • The Spectral Weapons all move at a very slow pace. This is so they don't completely overwhelm the player.(Even at a slow pace they will catch up to you because of their numbers.)
    • Spectral Surge:
      • The Spectral Conjurer will focus his powers on the player causing a small burst of energy to deal damage.
    ----------------------------------------

Spectral Weapons Stats:
    • Hitpoints
      • Sword - 10
      • Axe - 12
      • Scythe - 15
      • Healer - 20
    • Melee Damage
      • Sword - 8
      • Axe - 10
      • Scythe - 12
    • Resistances/Weaknesses
      • Sword/Axe/Scythe - 60% Resistance to Melee & Bow, 25% Weakness to Magic, 50% Resistance to Knockback, Immune to all other damage types.
      • Healer - 5% Weakness to Melee, Bow & Magic, 50% Resistance to Knockback, Immune to all other damage types.
    Spectral Weapons Abilities:

• Cursed Slash:
      • If the Spectral Weapon makes melee contact with you it will disappear back to it's realm in a purple flash taking some of your hitpoints with it.
      • This attack has a chance of cursing you with a negative potion effect depending on the weapon that hit you.
    • Spectral Healing:
      • The Spectral Healer will heal the Conjurer for 5 hitpoints every few seconds.
      • This can quickly heal the Conjurer if you allow multiple Healers to remain alive.
      • When you kill a Healer it may send a surge of spectral energy out, forcing any Spectral Weapons to return to their realm.
    ----------------------------------------

Drops:
    Aside from his Spectral items below, the Spectral Conjurer has collected a lot of junk.. erm, rare items over the years.

• Enchanted Books
    • Spectral Arrows
    • Spectral Potions

• The spectral potions give Absorption II(30s), Weakness III(15s), Nausea II(10s)

• They're meant to be used while trying to run away from a threat
    • Gold Ingots/Blocks on high difficulty
    • Large quantites of zombie flesh
    • An ordinary gold sword - he kept it as a reminder of his previous life.
    • Diamonds
    • Emeralds
    • Dragon Stone Fragments
    • Tokens
    • Spectral Armor/Items
      • Full Set Stats:
        • +10% Speed
        • +30% Knockback resistance
        • +2 Armor(1 armor rating - This is a bonus stat, it does not show up when the item is equipped but it is there and it functions normally)
        • +2 Damage(1 heart)

The Butcher:

The Butcher is a Vindicator mob who wields the Headchopper Axe(can be viewed at the end of the video) and carries a Totem of Undying. He can summon Vengeful Spirits to aid him and also to heal him. Upon dying his totem will activate and restore him to 50% of his health.(This is a vanilla mechanic for mobs. However, I changed his totem to restore 50% of his hitpoints instead of restoring him to 1/2 heart.)

Abilities:
    • Summon Spirit:
      • The Butcher will summon Vengeful Spirits to assist him in butchering you.
      • He starts off summoning a single spirit occasionally, as his hitpoints diminish he will start summoning 2 or even 3 spirits at a time.
    • Spirit Absorption:
      • The Butcher will absorb the life force of any Vengeful Spirits that come near him, reducing their hitpoints while increasing his own.
    • Spirit Pull:
      • The Butcher will occasionally pull all of his summoned spirits to him, usually resulting in a substantial amount of hitpoints being recovered.
    • Totem Revival:
      • Upon taking a fatal hit The Butcher's Totem of Undying will be consumed and he will recover 50% of his hitpoints
    Vengeful Spirit Abilities:
    • Spirit Bond:
      • Rarely the Vengeful Spirit will charge you and die upon contact. The remainder of it's hitpoints will be dealt as armor-piercing damage.
    Notes:

• The Butcher is immune to all damage types except - Fire(95% resistant), Thorns Enchantment(50% Resistant), Arrows(50% resistant), Melee(no resistance), Potion of Harming/tipped arrow(80% resistant)
    • Vengeful Spirits have no immunities, but have 50% resistance to melee attacks and arrows.
    • The Vengeful Spirits have very low hitpoints, this is to prevent there from being too many at a time and also to prevent The Butcher from healing himself too rapidly.

Valentines Day Mob/Promo suggestion - Hathor:

Hathor is the Egyptian Goddess of the sky, love, beauty and music. Often depicted as a cow, much like the one you see before her. She graces the mortal plane with her presence once a year to spread her.. love. Able to summon smaller versions of herself and to make all who come in contact with her fall madly in love she is a force to be reckoned with.

Hathor Abilities:
    • Summon Cows of Love:
      • Hathor is able to summon Cows of Love to help her in spreading her love throughout EMC. The Cows of Love are rather weak, but you will quickly become swarmed if you don't deal with them.
    • Weak In the Knees:
      • Coming into contact with a Goddess of Love can have some unwanted side-effects.
      • You'll find yourself randomly under the influence of any number of the following conditions when you are struck by Hathor: Slowness, Weakness, Blindness, Confusion, and your ability to jump removed. All of the classic conditions of love?
    • Hearts Explosion:
      • Hathor just loves you so much that the concentration of love explodes in a flurry of hearts dealing minor armor-piercing damage.
    Hathor Drops:

• the Wings of Hathor:
    Notes:
    • Before anyone asks the cow was made hostile by mounting an invisible, angry, pigman on it. This is a vanilla feature.

Normal Mobs:
    Aggressive Passive Mobs:

• More of a creature meant for ambiance, these have no special drops except for a slightly increased exp yield. These are the animals you know and love but with a little twist, they're out to get revenge on you for killing so many of their kind!
    • They each have 3x the hitpoints as their normal counterparts(Still dies within a couple of hits)And depending on the mob can do between 3-8 damage(1 1/2 - 4 hearts of damage to someone with no armor)

Notes:
    • The Rams "horns" were made by equipping the pigman with a pair of iron boots.(Although it occurred to me after the fact that black dyed boots would probably work better.)
    • They are made aggressive by mounting them with an invisible, angry, pigman. This is a simple vanilla mechanic that can be used with any passive creature. I also removed the pigmens sound effects.
  2. Wow that's pretty cool!
    Rimont and charlie_boi like this.
  3. Dang. I love new mobs. This seems like a winner.
    charlie_boi and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. I'll continue submitting new ones to them until they get annoyed with me and tell me to stop. :p
    AncientTower likes this.
  5. Like what you have so far :)
  6. Ooh new mob armour!
    Me likes the Spectral Conjurer the best
  7. Wow! These are great! You really put a lot of time and effort into these! I especially like the look when the spectral conjurer gives you blindness and there are swords flying about. Although this would seem terrifying and deadly in-game :D.

If you like designing custom mobs I was thinking of suggesting a special Halloween mob. A flying ghost! (A charged creeper texture with invisibility & flying). An example can be seen in a vid by MumboJumbo https://youtu.be/MBT9r7cZHL0. (Ghost part starts about 4:40).

Maybe you could work out more details for the mob :D.
  8. Looks awesome. Can't wait to see more. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what plugin are you using to create these mobs? I'm kind of interested in messing around and making some weird combinations. If you don't want to say it publicly, you can PM me.
  9. ^ i wanna know dis too
  10. I thought it would be nice to add some attributes that I don't think EMC has used before(knockback reist and +speed, +armor and +damage) :) It's very easy to re-purpose items into new more useful ones(like the Spectral Book) using them.