[SUGGESTION] Mob Griefing OFF

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Cakester2OOO, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Well even then, I at least like the idea of the 1k block radius around the outposts. That way you don't have to crawl through creeper holes when trying to get to any specific area. Even if whole world protection isn't possible, at least this would make traversing the Waste/Frontier easier.
    Xenarchy likes this.
  2. I think I'm on the border to whether or not this would be a good idea and I think i understand both sides of this argument fully, but honestly Im more with the part where we would be having maybe our outposts in the Frontier protected by any type of explosion. My outpost is safely underwater protected from all mobs but thats only the inside of it, however getting there using our entrance we have to avoid/kill some mobs if we plan to go there at night which does get quite annoying since creepers like to go kablooey for no reason no matter the distance between me and them.:oops:
    guhenry3 and Penguinub like this.
  3. if mobs blow stuff up and create holes u can fall in them, and creepers love to jump in after you ^.^ same of withers, if they blow stuff up it can be tricky to not fall into a hole and get stuck while ur trying to shoot it down.

all those things could kill u
  4. Part of being in the wild is when a creeper blows up the ground below you while AFKing and you fall into the lava. :p I mean, it gets you really angry :mad:, but it also scares you.. :confused: This should be made in the frontier, like the nub said. :)
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  5. I totally agree on this post. Creepers are always creepin and with this in place, I can build without having to have a storage of 3 dcs of dirt
  6. Yeah that sucks but, before you start building some complicated doo-hickey, the first thing you should do is wall, light and protect the place so creepers don't appear out of nowhere and sneak up on you.
    AyanamiKun and Gawadrolt like this.
  7. Creepers explode and break things; This is part of the Minecraft life in the wastelands and the frontier. It is true that we nerfed some of that damage as Players in the past were using Creepers to grief but we try and make all such changes so that the balance of gameplay is not adversely affected. Turning the damage off completely, in my opinion, changes gameplay too much and I (personally) do not support turning it off.
    Gawadrolt, fishmeal, kaptrix and 3 others like this.
  8. :)
  9. I mean they would still provide damage, but they wouldn't cause greif. As my quote said,
  10. Even a thousand block radius around the outposts is a no-go? The frontier has something similar already, but that is the protected region. Beyond that the "Creeper Landscape No-Damage Radius" (Just came up with that myself ;)) should be farther out, just to make the region easier to travel.

Edit: In reference to Withers being able to destroy a landscape, this should not be changed. Reason being, Withers are player spawned, not system based. If you purposefully spawn a wither inside your base, well, prepare for it to be destroyed.

Creepers, on the other hand, are like griefers. They come without warning and destroy stuff, often creating more work for you. And I hate having to go and dig up dirt somewhere else to fill in creeper holes. All of this, in my opinion, negatively affects the landscape.

And yes, I should have built a giant wall around my structure, but I didn't. I am not worried about mobs trying to kill me, that is one aspect of this that I completely agree with. So when I built the structure, I didn't worry about a wall cause I had doors and knew that I could kill whatever attacked me. What I did not consider was a creeper blowing up the place. Call it whatever you want, ignorance or nubiness (if I spelled that right :p), but I never considered that a Creeper would blow up and do that much damage.

Now, yes, there is a 5 block high stone wall around it. It doesn't look nice, at all. But its what I have to do to protect my structure from creepers.
  11. You could make it look nice. I'm sure you are familiar with the farbranch wall. Have you seen the LLO wall? Also wyntyr just uses cobble gates and to keep creepers out, that's more than sufficient.