Suggestion: Lower Derelict Policy

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by WayneKramer, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Given how easy it is to stay current now with voting and all that I would like you to consider lowering the derelict policy to 14 days, or something much lower than it is now. Reason being that a derelict policy of 30 days combined with the fact that every new player automatically claims a res whether they want to or not we have a lot of plots sitting dormant for 30 days before we can claim them.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat here but I'm currently trying to get a particular res setup and now I have to wait 20+ days for a res to be free for a player that hasn't logged on since the first day.

I like the policy of new players automatically claiming a res, I'm sure it helps retain new players, I just think at this point we can lower the number of days before you go derelict given how easy it is to NOT go derelict if you intend on staying.
    SteamedEcko likes this.
  2. Or put a temp 5 day derelict on players for the first 30 days
  3. On new players**
  4. Yeah, if you are younger than x days old you have like a 7 day derelict?
  5. New players have a 10 day derelict policy now instead of 30. This is an extremely recent policy but I'm pretty confident I saw Aikar mention this over the past day or two.
    goreman2000 and Pab10S like this.
  6. that post isn't very descriptive, how does it work exactly? I just went to the res and tried to forceclaim it and it said it wasn't derelict yet.
  7. Ok I just read about it here: http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/derelict-policy/

so does that literally mean it's 10 days only for players who log in one time and then never come back again? what if they come back for two days and then never log in again, are they 30 days?

my idea is just to shorten the policy for everyone because there should be no reason why someone can't access the internet to vote for 30 days and if they can't for some reason they can always contact staff to let them know.