[suggestion] Live Map improvements

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by KatydidBuild, Jan 25, 2022.

1. I have been debating this for a bit since the thread got bumped recently, and have had an idea. Perhaps a compromise for those who don't want their claims marked.

What if any and all locked chests showed up as a "x" , dot, or similar on the map. No other info provided. Just that is an area where someone is/has been and it should be avoided. As in, it could be a claim, it could be a build, it might have been a farm, but it is evidence of another player in the area: move along to another area.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  2. I agree. Also, just to clarify, my idea for the no-go area outline is to show the claimed 1.5-kilometer radius, not the 3-kilometer radius that you're supposed to keep a central locked chest outside of. The 3-kilometer buffer actually only allows for 1.5 kilometers of expansion in each direction (unless you have multiple adjacent claims centered less than 6 kilometers apart), so someone could still build a road or cabin or something within 3 kilometers of the central locked chest as long as they at least avoid the claimed 1.5-kilometer radius and don't try to officially stake a claim centered there. Or perhaps do two separate outlines for the 1.5km "no unauthorized building" and 3km "no claims" radii, like for the smaller protected areas vs. the larger old periodic reset areas.