[Suggestion] Inter-Residential Ownership

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 1MB, Jul 21, 2013.

?

Do you like this idea?

I love it! 20 vote(s) 58.8%
Nah, I see no real use for it. 5 vote(s) 14.7%
This could use some improvement. 9 vote(s) 26.5%
  1. Yea shhhh I told you keep it down about the nyan cat mob .......you guys didn't hear that ....

Their is no nyan cat mob I was joking
  2. I like the idea, I think that we need an option to change the sidewalk without needing to ask staff. Besides the work and time it takes, I'm sure we all want some freedom when building in those areas.
    It's not a 100% perfect idea, but I'm pretty sure that with some more thinking into it, it can turn to an awesome implementation.
    mba2012 and eklektoi like this.
  3. this would be good for the supporters because i will be needing an admin or senior mod to do some work on my build and it would be easier for me to do because it is a fiddly design to create.
  4. actually... it might also be easier on staff, depending how this could be done... it would save them time in not having to have a world or schematic or ask for material or take specific requests on knowing how the player wants the area made... instead the player could do it themselves - it would save the staff a lot of time not having to do the building part of it.
  5. This could be a problem with obstructing roads that people would cross. Say I want to walk to my buddy 4 residences down the street but the guy that edited the road is in the middle and he put some sort of wall/structure that prevents people from passing and thus defeats the purpose of the road. Then he'd have to either go around and or whatever enjoyment he would have had by walking through using the /v command.

+The 10k each time was created TO waste money to get rupees that are inflated out of the economy.
  6. Well as for the blocking off roads after 128 blocks your res size is increased by 2 blocks so they could lower these to day 20 or 30 blocks so that you dont block the road but still link reses, as for the putting money into the economy the shop does that enough as it is
  7. ahh... but there's a difference in building between your reses to actually flow with a design... or just being spiteful, turning off move, and making huge walls on sidewalk so people can't pass...

but you don't even need perms to build a wall on the road anyways, just have to go up high enough and drop say sand or gravel.... but since the person would buy to have use to connect both of their reses - it's in sense just a bigger residence... just like park, or old_shop, or creature capture, or graveyard, or mob arena, or even the castle max made that's surrounded by a huge obsidian wall...

most of those residences you can still pass through, and just see it as a bigger residence...

there's already bigger projects also, such as my 3x2 wild res i made a long time ago... it has its residences connected... has a mountain, rivers, etc... but people pass straight through it or just go around it.... or the smp4 project reses... it has a huge wall surrounding it... but if their design is like most people... it's not intentional to block the roads, unless it's either part of the design or if you're spiteful....

People have had reses connected for a long time... you've also seen a lot of 120x120 reses or utopian reses... how is this any different than it was in the past? Just treat it as a bigger residence. :)
  8. also i remember reading somewhere that you arent supposed to obstruct roads
  9. this would cause more harm then anything unles they limited the build area to the layer of the road itself, but again also causing more work in the mod/admins having to make sure everything works properly and reworking the res areas themselfs. Again causing more harm then good
  10. This deserves a bump
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. The residences actually could be updated for this to work without worrying about any form of grieving ... for example building over the road way wouldn't be allowed anymore - just build straight up and down inside the 60x60 .... and then when you buy road way perms you can build straight up and down inside the 4x60 space or 12x60 space... this would still allow for this to happen, but not interfere with a residence's perms (though, if this was allowed, then i think you'd need permission from both residence owners, so the overlapping of the residences over the sidewalk, i don't think would be a problem (as both people agreed on it))