Suggestion, in depth permissions for residences

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BanditLM, Jan 5, 2016.

?

Do you think this is a good idea? to create commands limiting permissions on certain blocks?

Yes 12 vote(s) 85.7%
No 2 vote(s) 14.3%
Maybe 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes but in a different way 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. It'd be a lot better if this feature was given to all players. Most of us don't afford paying every month. I know it's supportership that allows EMC to run so to speak, but that don't mean you should just make everything a supporter perk. A feature like this opens up a lot more possibility, like better hotels and community builds. I personally don't think those possibilities should be limited to players who pay money. Maybe limiting how many subzones you can make?
  2. I know that the server is run off of donations. I get that there would be no EMC if there were no supporters. I'm not saying supporterships are negative. Supporters already have a lot of perks, though. This one would be overpowered.
    • 4x more residences
    • 13x more rupees
    • 50x more residence locs
    • 20x more residence tags
    • Global chat
    • and a lot more
    Being able to set subzones is such a huge feature and shouldn't be supporter-only. That's my point. It's game-changing. I listed two reasons:
    • Prevents griefing. Paying someone to dig out your res but have stuff built? You can protect your residence and prevent being griefed, without having to talk to staff them blaming you for someone else griefing you.
    • New businesses. Hotels are run off of access signs--imagine what could happen with with a real estate market on EMC. It'd be very cool to see.
    I'd be saying the exact same thing if I cared enough to be a paying member. Would you?
    amadai likes this.
  3. I also said that having it as a supporter perk is a good way to implement something on a trial basis. It's a good way to test how it affects everyone, without causing major changes to the entire server. I think especially with major changes that could impact the whole of emc, that it should be done on a limited basis at first. Anyway, I spend 99% of my time in the wild, so it won't impact me much, regardless 9f my supporter level.
  4. I think it would be cool as a supporter perk, and I'm not even a supporter.
  5. we might give it to free too, i kinda like the idea of early access, but it would likely be limited to just 1 subzone...

because we dont want EVERYONE creating 20 subzones, it might cause issues.
    ShelLuser and tonia like this.
  6. Understandable, I think 1 subzone is fine for free players.

Many things would be possible with this for free players.