[Suggestion] Getting Verified for res tags

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TechFilmer, Sep 5, 2014.

?

Should this be added?

Yes! 19 vote(s) 73.1%
No. 2 vote(s) 7.7%
Neutral 5 vote(s) 19.2%
  1. If I type /v +shop I'm looking for a shop with something in stock. If there's no shop or nothing in stock at all, then it's a waste of my time to go there. I don't know how tough it would be to check each residence for a shop maybe once a day and temporarily move the ones that don't have one to a separate list. Once a shop is added or restocked, they would be added to the tag again.
  2. The dirt for a million rupee shops. The "I don't have a shop, but I tricked you into coming here so please give me tons of money to maybe make an expensive shop someday" shops. Yes that is what I was looking for :]
    Later today I will spam the /v +shop and /v +mall tags and /report anything I find on smp1, but it seems better for mods to do this directly, rather than sorting through dozens of my reports and still having to go check them out in person.
    Until an admin of some kind responds, though, maybe everyone from this thread can help do a one-time cleanup by doing the same?
  3. .
    Whatever the solution is, this is sort of a concern. If a former supporter is having tags removed, say, for taking a week to demolish and rebuild their store (or some similar situation), then some system should be in place to allow them to return to the same number of res tags. Maybe even offer a res tag edit command instead of remove and replace, so that we have the chance to replace it with something accurate ourselves or to make the tag something like "notag" temporarily.
  4. Not I.
    fishmeal likes this.
  5. Well I spammed /v+shop a couple days ago, and /report-ed the ones that didn't have shops, but they are still there.
  6. Maybe if you could 'opt out' of reses, kind of like ignoring players, that would allow folks that are irritated by ... let's say poorly judged tags :p... to skip them when /v'ing around.

Also, maybe if you had to self-verify your own tags once a month or so to keep them active, you'd have less tagged reses that end up unstocked and outdated cause the player isn't even around anymore.
    fishmeal likes this.