[Suggestion] Forum post format save

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AbyssalxVoid, Oct 23, 2018.

?

Would you like the option to set your font, font size, an color to a default setting for every post?

Yeah it'd be cool 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Nah, waste of time 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Dont care really 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello all,

I wanted to make the suggestion to be able to save the formatting of your choice for the things in the forum chat box like; the font, color, font size. I don't really know if you guys even have control over that and that it might seem pointless to some people that just don't care. I feel like a good bit of people on the site would enjoy being able to set themselves apart on the forums and for it to be easy and fast. I also think that it would add a little bit more "personalization" to each person and their profiles.

just an idea that i think would be cool, although i don't think the devs would see it as a good use of their time, but i also don't think it would be that hard to do :D

But hey, wtf do i know about coding :confused::confused::confused:
  2. Sorry if this has been suggested already, i didn't see it under the forum and site suggestions.
  3. This has not been suggested before, and it's a nice idea. :) However, the response to suggestions with regard to how the forums work is usually the same: it's not worth the time. It's hard to work on the forum, because most things were hacked together, and our version of XenForo is severely outdated.
    Something we honestly miss more than what you suggest is draft-saving, so you don't need to write long posts in Notepad. However, both things would be very hard to add. The draft-saving is included in newer versions of XenForo, but as far as I know your suggestion isn't.

A personal suggestion to you would be setting the preferred parameters as a shortcut. But if you're writing in the Rich Text Editor, you won't see them then. Because of this, I personally do set the font to Verdana manually whenever it reverts as long as I'm on pc, because I don't like writing in a serif font.
    But apparently you don't, as your preferred font is a serif font itself, so it probably makes less of a difference. Moreover, on mobile devices the Rich Text Editor is disabled on our forum, so you can use this solution anyway.
    So my suggestion is adding a text replacement on your device (on pc you'll probably need extra software, like PhraseExpress) like this:
    Code:
    emc!

Replace with:
    Code:
    [SIZE=5][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=#99ccff]