[Suggestion] For Noteblocks

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by JDHallows, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Recently, I have heard quite a few really cool noteblock songs done in-game on EMC, and I have been considering adding one to my own res. However, one issue I notice with them, is their sound range seems really limited. You have to be pretty close to them in order to hear them, but unless you have a minecart system that pulls you along with the song, the song's volume will sort of dim and then increase back again, depending on your distance from the noteblock.

So, an idea I had (if it is possible): Make it so that, when a noteblock plays on a res, the sound from it can be heard from anywhere on that res. This way, you can make noteblock songs that play for an entire res. This would provide a way for people to make really creative background music for their reses. When I explained the idea to some people earlier, it was mentioned that this could be a supporter only perk.

Obviously, if this isn't even possible with current game limitations, then understandably it isn't going to happen. :p But if it is possible, I think it is a feature many people would enjoy on EMC.

Any input is appreciated, as always :)

I agree, res flag would be useful for some people who would not want this enable

SirCue, ShelLuser, SirTah and 4 others like this.
  2. That would be amazing if we could do it.. kinda like having your own signature but using music. I'm very sure those creative music lovers would really enjoy this. =D
    SirCue and JDHallows like this.
  3. ShelLuser and JDHallows like this.
  4. Gonna give this a quick bump, curious to see if others like the idea and have input to improve it. ;)
    SirCue likes this.
  5. +1

Yes, there is the whole thing about vanilla'ish and creativity (getting the cart to go at the right speed of the song) but Town has never been very vanilla'ish anyway. This seems like a really nice new motivator for players to me.

(I've also been to residences where they had a 'song floor' which was so fricking awesome.. I honestly felt sad when that res. got reset because it was so awesome!). Hmm, I think I did a review on that res. might look for it ;)

In the mean time: sounds like an interesting idea, if doable (no clue on that).
    JDHallows and SirCue like this.
  6. +9001
    JDHallows and SirCue like this.
  7. I approve

+1
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. I like the idea, but I see one problem that may occur. What about those that don't want to hear the noteblocks from anywhere on a res? What if someone has a really annoying contraption that you could no longer avoid. Maybe a /ps setting to enable the ability to hear noteblocks?
    JDHallows likes this.
  9. There is actually a sound setting you can use to turn just jukeboxes and noteblocks on/off (or turn their sound up/down).
  10. Yeah I know. I meant that as in a person not wanting to hear anothers noteblocks on the entire res. Like they are okay hearing them, but not on the entire res.
    JDHallows likes this.
  11. Gonna give this a night time bump, as well, then prob one last one some time tomorrow ;)