[Suggestion] "Final" maps

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Eulenax, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Hello everyone :)

I've peeked into the suggestions archives, etc., so I don't think this has been suggested before. My idea is the ability to add the "Final" property to maps. "Final" prevents the modification and repair of items, and thus would keep a map from being duplicated.

One of the problems inherent in custom map creation is duplication — once you've sold one custom map, anyone can undercut you and take advantage of your work. Being able to sell an uncopyable map would allow map artists to have a more steady income source, and hopefully incentivize more people to try their hand for the first time.

I'm not quite sure how the application of the enchantment would happen. I know SS are already backed up plenty, so perhaps it could be another implementation of tokens?

That's just about it! Thanks for reading.
    ~Eulenax
  2. Pretty sure final doesn't stop map duplication. At least I think we tested it for promo maps once...
  3. I wonder if the same properties of a writen & signed book can be applied to the original map. That way only the original can be copied.
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  4. This would be nice if it could be! Then again, not everyone might think so. Some maps are meant to be copied, and it could be an inconvenience to the original creator if he has to do be responsible for that.