[SUGGESTION] Escape Rooms on /games

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by We3_MPO, Oct 9, 2023.

?

What do you think?

Yea 6 vote(s) 100.0%
Nay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Neutral 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Unsure 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Chickeneer entertained designing a Minecraft escape room in a recent status. MoreMoople said, "Yes. Yes. All the yes." I'm on board with the idea too! My comment:

Of course, there are probably other ways it could be done too, and I'd appreciate them being posted here if you know of any. Those are just the things I thought of. What do you think? :cool:
    NuclearBobomb and TECtock like this.
  2. I should mention. That I think it would be fun to design one.
    At no point should it be implied that I think this is easy, nor fast to accomplish.
  3. it can also be interpreted as a rpg style dungeon delving with both monster hunting + puzzle solving.

or themed in any manner as many irl escape rooms do.
    We3_MPO and TECtock like this.
  4. Commentary.

When I speak about Escape Rooms. I intend to convey that one's gaming ability is not a component in "beating" a MC escape room. Just as in an IRL escape room does not not require a physical fitness component. This would exclude both complex parkour and dangerous mob killing.

In my mind, the puzzle could include killing a mob to get a drop or cause some other thing to happen. But not as a skill check. Similarly a couple block wide jump could be integrated into the design of a build which hides a hint - but again not a skill gate towards completing the overall puzzle.
    We3_MPO, LindenNZ and Tuqueque like this.