[SUGGESTION] EMC Knighthoods

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Melk73, Sep 8, 2013.

1. maybe instead of on the forums they are nominated by the moderators and senior staff and then the administrators look over those chosen and choose who the knights will be
  2. Sir apamment of SMP8. I like the sound of that.
  3. You could do when a player has reached over a year on EMC cause currently people just throw parties for that ya know but now it would be more of a big deal
  4. A lot of people have been here for a year. They should make it like 600 days or something.
  5. Not all members over a year old are trust worthy or have contributed in the community. And not all trustworthy members and people who had helped are over a year old. The entire point of this idea is to recognise members who have done good/trustworthy, not to congratulate a member for being over a year old.

EDIT: Not that I completely dislike your idea. It's just that I felt that if we would to do this, won't it just devalue the idea? Though, about congratulating members for being here for 1 year, maybe EMC could give the members like a special item (plague)? You can start another thread to elaborate on this idea.
  6. Isn't this "Well known members"?
  7. Exactly, I saw a member the other day who'd been here for over 400 days and had no loyalty towards EMC or respect for its rules. Only players that Are doing well by the community and stand out (as people have stated, sort of like Alex's contest) would have this honor, though Alex's version was more community based, this one could be staff based instead of community based to avoid any popularity concerns.
    SuperVal_Junior likes this.
  8. "Well known members" is just a title stating that your active on the forums and post frequently
  9. It could be like a junior-moderator for staff to see if you do a good job before you become a moderator. Or it could be like a moderator with no powers.
  10. I think the idea is to reward players with a title for doing good things and completely separate from moderators. This could be something to strive to get because it's just a nice title and encourages people to do good things without actually having any responsibility except to continue being good.
  11. Exactly, the way I see it, the main problem is the lack of practicality and for mods to have a bit more responsibility in the fact that they might have to recommend a player or 2 every now and then. On the flip side, it will indeed encourage good behavior.
  12. There was once a 'Trainee Mod' system in EMC.
  13. There was a chatmod system that was scrapped - not a trainee one. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. Hey jack, so what do you think about this suggestion? Your probably the MOD I trust the most.
  15. I'm not too sure. While on one hand it could be great since it would encourage good behavior and community interaction, it could also cause a negative rivalry between people, and of course the "how come IcecreamCow is trusted, but I'm not, even though ______!?!?" arguments.

I also don't think the name color should be light blue, since in the past, that was used for staff - although that is just me being picky. :p

I mean the idea, in a way, could work - although I'm not sure how well it'd fit into EMC.
  16. okay, well, thanks for the opinion :) As I said, this is just a random idea I thought up. Im not pushing too hard for it
  17. Ah. Must be my memory, I guess. :p But I thought it worked somewhat like a trainee mod?
  18. How about pink
    Sir Chasca :p
  19. Honestly, this is the best idea ive heard in a while, maybe the members should be awarded with a cash prize or stable voucher, or something similar.
    melk73 likes this.
  20. Treasure Voucher. Much Better.