[Suggestion] Custom Residence Teleport Aliases

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by GreenMeanie, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Proposal:
    I suggest we implement a system where players can create user-defined aliases for their favorite teleport spots. For example, instead of typing `/visit 5823@potato1` every time you want to go to the villager trading hall at the potato 1 location, you could simply type `/visit vtp1`. This system would be entirely opt-in and allow each player to set their own aliases as they see fit.

Commands:
    Here are the commands I propose for managing these aliases:

1. Set Alias:
    - `/res tpalias set <alias> <residenceID>@<residenceName>`
    - Example: `/res tpalias set vtp1 5823@potato1`

2. Remove Alias:
    - `/res tpalias remove <alias>`
    - Example: `/res tpalias remove vtp1`

3. List Aliases:
    - `/res tpalias list`
    - Example: Displays all your set aliases and their corresponding residences.

4. Visit with Alias:
    - `/visit <alias>` or `/v <alias>`
    - Example: `/visit vtp1` or `/v vtp1`

5. Override Alias:
    - If a residence already has the same name as an alias, use `!` to override and go there instead.
    - Example: `/visit !vtp1`

Benefits:
    1. Improved Accessibility: This feature would be incredibly beneficial for players with reading and writing difficulties. By allowing players to set simple and memorable aliases, we make the game more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.

2. Enhanced Memory: Custom aliases are easier to remember. Players can set names that are meaningful to them, reducing the cognitive load of remembering long and complex residence names and IDs.

3. Streamlined Gameplay: This feature simplifies the teleportation process, saving time and making navigation more efficient. It would be particularly useful for players who frequently visit specific locations.

4. Customization: Players have the freedom to create aliases that fit their playstyle and preferences. This level of customization enhances the personal connection to the game.

P.S. All references to residences and locations are purely coincidental. I apologize if I revealed your secret locations.
    NuclearBobomb, triphora and Sefl like this.
  2. I think that the best way to accomplish this is to allow residence locations in the /bookmark command.