[Suggestion] Compass Improvement | Finding Friends/Group Members

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Sazukemono, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Places where i could have used this command have come up for me several times in the past few days, and each time i find myself wishing harder and harder for it. so i finally decided to make a suggestion thread for it in the hopes of seeing this little idea take off! :D

Utilised through the compass, a 'point me' command for use within groups (or to friends). Primarily for use outside town while hunting, gathering, and mining (what have you) with friends. detection by this command can be turned off in player settings. mainly just a quality of life addition, though I've no idea exactly how hard something like this would be to implement. I just think it'd be really great to have. I'm also not really sure whether this should be available to friends or group members (or both?) - though I do believe it should be toggle-able in /ps, regardless.

reasons it's useful: sometimes you don't need all the information provided by /map (and sometimes you prefer to keep your map set to 'hide' for outpost secrecy and the like). Sometimes it's a hassle to tab between windows while flying or running through a dark forest when you just need to know what your friend means when they say "I'm over here!"

p.s. - i'm pretty sure we can't use '/pointme' due to copyright but i'm not sure what the next best option is. suggestions welcome :)
  2. When playing in game, I have used the x,y,z, coordinates to find friends but of course, you need to be in a conversation with them to do that so they can pass these to you. It perhaps can be a little distracting in using it with mobs around at night but it does work. I am sure though that this facility could be improved in some way as an on-screen compass that can be turned on and off but would probably be an app of some kind that you would place in the mod's folder like the minimap.
  3. That's true, but using coordinates is much easier when the numbers are small. When they reach 5 digits or larger, this whole process becomes quite tricky. The system works, of course, but I too feel that it could be improved.

In fact, there is already a (fantastic) compass feature that lets you set specific coordinates as your target, and it will lead you there flawlessly. I find using the compass is much easier than trying to match up the coordinates in f3. However, this requires: a) accurate coordinate relay between both parties, and b) your friend to stop moving while you catch up to them. I suppose what i'm proposing here would focus on elimination of those two requirements.
  4. This is actually already a planned feature! EMC-1216.

Maybe we can get it done soon, since its rather trivial.
  5. Love the idea ^-^
  6. +1

i know Aikar already said this was planned but still wanted 2 give my support ^.^
    CinemaSins likes this.