Suggestion - Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TonicThunder, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I have had this suggestion in my head for a while now.

Many people tend to spam the chat with advertisements to their lots, and I had this idea where people can join a channel called "Advertising". It would still show up in Global chat, only change their text color to the Advertising channel color. This could help people in a few ways.
    It would isolate advertising for people who want to easily scout out cheaper stores, cool lots, ect... This can also help Default Global chat members to see normal chat easier, rather than having a cluttered chat box to look at spammed with ads.

I already know that people may not bother using it, but if it were recommended in the Empire Guide, it may be enforced a little more. Plus, the people who do use it would have a better advertising campaign than those who don't.

Just a little suggestion I thought would be helpful. :)
  2. sounds like a prity good idea
  3. I like this one. Hey Justin I think we got a keeper!!!!
    TonicThunder likes this.
  4. I would definetely use it, my store needs to attract more customers. I love it!!
  5. It'd be good if you could disable it. It's not that I don't like cheap shops and all, it's just i dont tend to need to buy anything :p
  6. I think having a 'shop channel' that can be turned on and off like the other channels is an excellent idea! It would stand to clean up the global chat for those who aren't interested in buying or selling anything.

However, as you pointed out Tonic, many people would likely not use it. I can see having to remind people about it constantly. At the same time, it might still be something worth trying out.

Thanks for the suggestion!

:)
    TonicThunder likes this.
  7. I'm sure people'd help out. Other people always remind people of things on EMC- I bet they'd do it x10 more if they were getting irritated by VISIT MY SHOP @ 1029 LOLLZ
    TonicThunder and Dark_Liz like this.
  8. Thanks for the support guys! I figured I was not the only one who was annoyed. :D
  9. For now, anyone who wants to put some effort into clearing the global chat of shop-related messages can refer people to the post in the Community Discussion forum called Shops of the Empire, where shop keepers can advertise thier shops and shoppers can find what they need. :)

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/shops-of-the-empire.225/
    Malicaii12 likes this.