(Suggestion) bump usage

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MrClydeBarrow, Feb 3, 2018.

1. My suggestion is simple it is to ban the use of bumps on controversial threads. I know this my seem silly to some and it doesn't happen offen but the thinking behind this is people read the forms if they want to read it or comment on it they will but when someone just bumps them because it's been 24 hours or less it then seem to take away from those trying to advertise an event or auction. Now my second idea if not ban bumps on controversial threads is to than limit them to every 2-3 days after the most recent comment. Anyways would like to hear your opinions on this.
  2. If people want to see auctions, events or whatever it is they want to see, they’ll go look in that particular section within the forums. If you don’t want to see controversial topics, don’t look at them. Simple as that, no need to make it more complicated :)
  3. I'm not sure about fully banning it but I do think it might make sense to limit a bump to every 24hrs or something.

For the record: the whole thing doesn't bother me at all, but I do think that game related messages should have a higher priority than somewhat offtopic discussions. Maybe this could be considered for the entire Miscellaneous section?

But a full ban of bumping seems a bit too excessive for me.