[Suggestion] Bed at ever EMC spawn.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by RichRayM, Mar 7, 2017.

1. I where just puzzling a bit. What if people not have a residence in town but life in the wilderness.
    Then it's hard to set a sleep place in town when you are there for mining. So far i have only found a bed at /town

My suggestion is to give every emc spawn area a bed that people can use to set a new location.
    If as example i cannot set a bed. then i would be teleported back to my town in frontier.

Yes i always go back to the bed i have set as spawn. not that bad option "closest location"
    MrsWishes and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. You know you can turn off the option of "Respawn Closest location (basically, deciding whether to respawn you at outpost or at your last bed spawn)", right? If you didn't know this, you can do so in player settings.

• Type in /ps
    • Click Survival
    • Look at the first thing it offers: "Respawn Closest Location". Choose whether you want to change it for one smp, or for all, and just turn it off. Then it'll only respawn you to the bed spawns, unless you have no bed spawn set at all.
  3. If this isn't what you meant, I apologize ;; if it's not, I'm not 100% sure what the suggestion here is. My apologies.
  4. Moved thread to suggestion box.
  5. I have that disabled. with as result that when you not sleep in town or what i like as idea on a spawn point. You get returned to your last bed. In frontier if your in bad luck.
  6. I... think I get what you are saying? Not the suggestion, but what you are stating happens currently. I believe you are if you die, rather than returning to town or anything, it returns you to the last bed you set as your spawn.

My way of avoiding this, if I know I've set a bed spawn previously -- or if I get returned to the last bed I had set as spawn -- I break the bed and place it elsewhere / in a different spot, or I just put it in a chest or something (depends on whether I'm in wild or waste). That way, next time I die: I just get returned to the center wild or center waste outpost, because the bed "is missing or has been obstructed". If the bed was set by someone else, and I can't break it, I just search around for some sheep or wool, and chop a tree or two, and make another bed. Then I set that as spawn, then break it so it breaks that spawn. Then I die, and again, am returned to center wild or waste.

It's a long, convoluted solution, but it's something you can do until the suggestion (which I believe -- correct me if I am wrong, and my apologies if I am, again -- is like, being able to say "Yes, I want to respawn in this previous bed spawn.", or "No, I want to respawn in town.") or if the suggestion gets denied, it's another thing you can do to just return to town and not go back to that previous bed spawn.
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.
  7. If you change your respawn settings it takes care of this.
    Also as an observation. I think voxels english is getting worse the more he posts
    synth_apparition and Jay2a like this.
  8. Yeah, like bitemenow said, enabling it to where you do respawn closest location, probably would be best/should fix it to where you just respawn at spawn. I had issues with it in the past I think, but it should work properly now.
  9. turning that option back on does what your looking for.

What is the problem that you want to turn it off for? It literally spawns you at the location that results in the least amount of travel to get to your death location.

The only reason to turn it off is when you WANT to die at an empire official outpost and get returned to your personal outpost. But that's such a controlled scenario that you can very easily turn it off temporarily, then back on once you're back at your personal outpost.
    ShelLuser, Jay2a and bitemenow15 like this.
  10. I turned it off because it did spawn me on a complete unknown location last time i used it.
    And it where much harder to get back to the location i died.

It's not reliable where you going to spawn if you have closest bed or something like that enabled.
    You never spawn where you want to spawn. in the assigned bed. It's very long time ago i used it.
    It works better if you set manual you bed spawn by clicking on bed.

That is why a bed on EMC outpost would be nice. you teleport to there click the bed and jump in waste etc.
  11. What do you mean by "completely unknown location"? Do you mean in the middle of nowhere?
  12. I did spawn at a place i did not know where i where. needed to check live map for that in the begin when this function where just available.
  13. You could have only spawned there if that was the last bed you right clicked on.
    Tuq_SolidColor likes this.