[suggestion] Auto delete very old derelict residences

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by IcecreamDoge, Jan 3, 2014.

1. I think that when a player goes derelict over 120 days their res should be auto deleted. If a player is gone that long he/she is probably not coming back. This will definitely free up some reses on smps 9 and 3.
  2. The system automatically unclaims derelict residences if the server runs out of open ones.
    607 and Olaf_C like this.
  3. on smp9. Derelict ran yesterday. And reclaimed all old residences up to 46 days ago - which isn't bad since derelict policy is 30 days.

smp3 ran a couple days ago... and well, the numbers aren't as nice. 11 months ago

BUT, the system is programmed to only unclaim them as they are needed.
    boozle628, FDNY21 and Olaf_C like this.
  4. Yesterday I flew around smp4 and 6 and cleaned up some manually to help new members.

System does a very good job...it just takes a bit to activate =)
    607, FDNY21, BobTheTomato9798 and 4 others like this.
  5. One step at a time :) Cant over run the system
  6. Otherwise it might retaliate and we know what that means...ALL THE KICKS!!!
    Kells18 likes this.
  7. lol the server turns against everyone xP like iRobot
  8. So is the Derelict 30 days or 15 days?
    -It shows 30 days for the ./p command.
    -Then to shows 15 days when it comes to claiming a res.
    -Exactly quoted from chat right after claiming a res with ./res claim [Res#] it says;
    "WARNING You will lose your res if you don't sign-in for 15 days"
    I just wanted to point it out to see if that can be changed so people do not get confused.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  9. Thanks. Will add to aikars list...
    607 likes this.
  10. No Problem & Poor Aikar more work to do. :p
    607 likes this.
  11. Not to hijack this thread, but I'd like to add an additional two suggestions

1. Add derelict residences to /v open
    2. Put a command for /v derelict, similar to /v open and /v random
  12. this has already been denied, as people with an extra res and a del pocket could ruin everyone's day. ;)
    607 likes this.