[Suggestion] Auctions In Game

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by joshyrocks13, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Good Idea?

Yes 9 vote(s) 40.9%
No 9 vote(s) 40.9%
Maybe, Needs Improvement 4 vote(s) 18.2%
  1. Well if we did implement something like this, it would most likely be unique to other servers so this logic doesn't make much sense... Although I don't support this idea, I also don't support that reason for why one shouldn't support this idea
  2. Staff can just ban people like this from holding auctions in game.

Many servers have towny, a shop and an economy, does that mean EMC shouldn't have those?
  3. I think this would be a good idea if it is all command based and notifications only appear if you're listening to the future trade channel.

I do agree that we want more people on the forums, but at the moment, the only thing people do is auction stuff off. Not many people who visit for auctions take part in many other discussions.
  4. If the fee was lower, and you could only see it if you are on the res, then yes.
  5. I think yes because it would be easier to hold an auction.
    I just think there should be a command like /auction on where if u did that u would be in the aucion but if u did /auction off you would not be part of or see any chat of the auction.

I also think that there could be more than one auction going on at a time and u would type the caommand /auction and it would give u a list of auction numbers and the item in the auction. The auction numbers would be if you type /auction # you would be in that auction.
    :)
  6. i would have to agree with the majority. having a plugin like this would pretty much take away the aspect of players going onto the website to keep an eye on their auctions to see who has bit or even if they have received any messages from other players. auctions would draw attention more to the chat and less to the forums/website which wouldnt be good for the server because then they would have less of a reason to go on the website each day. yes they could have the option to turn it off, but it would still cause alot of tention on the server especially if some players dont agree with the price they are bidding. of course yes players can just ignore everything and go on their way, but why add something in that can possibly lead to other future problems when things can stay the same as far as auctions go and leave it up to the players to do in game auctions in their plots in res chat so everyone wouldnt have to worry about hearing it. this is only my opinion though based off of what i think from my own experience nothing more
  7. How about like smp auction that's dedicated just to auctions
  8. Well I like it xD
  9. So do I :)
  10. This is true.
    I do not understand what you mean. Do you mean that someone could just use an alt and send the main account items? Maybe, but I think that the auctions would be town-only
    How is this scamming? I do not understand...
  11. Just because we're unique doesn't mean it's totally immoral to have ideas taken from elsewhere. I'm not saying you're right/wrong but don't just judge because it came from another source.