[Suggestion] Anti Res Breaking

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Elite, Mar 23, 2013.

1. I saw this minutes after you posted this thinking that someone would reply about this:

The problem with Block Glitching is that when a player places a block, It sends it to the server and then Bukkit sees that a block was placed in x,x,x . The plugins see if it's allowed to stay there and if it isn't it is deleted. The process takes a few ticks so the only way you could fix this is:

1. When a player doesn't have the Inventory Flag (A new Flag that could fix this) Their inventory is empty so they can't place blocks to begin with when they are in a res without the Inventory Flag.

2. Minecraft fixes it's code to ask bukkit before placing a block which is highly unlikely.
  2. The problem with that inventory flag is that it would add unwanted restrictions, like not being able to trade/drop with someone in the safety of your res. So you would have to choose between people block glitching or being able to perform transactions -or, of course, you could be adding and removing flags all the time-. A "place" flag that prevents from right clicking with whatever block you have in your hand would be a better solution, but I have no idea about which would be more complicated.
  3. The thing is that the place flag would be useless because it would let you have your stuff from your inventory with you so you could place the blocks. The place flag would be the same thing as the build flag.
  4. Kindof - not necessarily they can't use their inventory - you'd still be able to want to use shop signs, or hit q and drop and pick up things ... what it needs to be is so you can't right click on a res without build perm (with exception of use perm items) so it doesn't even send a signal that a block will be placed - it just doesn't let it be placed from the inventory ...

In short - currently it's not disabled and removed until after the person tries placing it on the ground
    - we would need it so it's disabled and not allowed before they try placing it. If this makes sense?
    Lasluin likes this.
  5. This is what I meant, it wouldn't be just another build flag, but one that doesn't let you right click at all while you are holding something. Now I think of it, if it also prevented you from left clicking unless it's on a shop sign, most of our problems would be solved.
  6. I built a lovely minecart elevator on my res about a year ago. Came back and found one of the carts glitched into the ground and the rest missing. I learned my lesson.
  7. minecarts now require use to place, container for container ones, and build to destroy...

this will be improved eventually to seperate flags, but with the new TNT and hopper minecarts.... needed to protect them so people cant go on your res, place a hopper on tracks near a chest and drain it
  8. Woo hoo, the minecart problems are over now :)
  9. Minecarts -
    As said above, resolved

Netherrack on fire - People can put out the fire even without build or use perms
    Weird, there is code in place to prevent this, but I know I did notice I could put out fire on my test account too.
    Will file a bug

Trap Door - People can enderpearl through them even without use
    Not sure if we can do anything about this outside an enderpearl flag which is planned

Block Glitching - People can temporarily jump over objects without being kicked by the system (now you can shift click jump with chests and it doesn't count as you standing on a full block)
    I think it would upset more people than it would make happy if block glitching was removed.... It's just overall fun to do and im sure some may even have it needed for some of their parkour courses.
    Will just have to ensure the walls are high enough or add a roof if it really means that much to you

Boats - People can place and ride in boats on a res even without use or build
    I believe boats will now be covered by the build flag with the minecart change for BREAKING, but I have filed a bug to make it work for placing too the same way as minecarts
    WCG_Elite likes this.
  10. Would it be possible to change players game mode to adventure mode when they enter a res without build perms or just add a block placement flag? How does adventure mode work?

While we're on this topic, do we really need use flags for crafting tables of all things? I think people who're all,"You can't use my crafting table!" are silly, but yes they do have rights to deny you use of it.
  11. Thanks Aikar - I'll keep updating the Op of the thread :D