[SUGGESTION] A unique arrow that could drop from marlix or appear from voting

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CraftyCosmic, Jan 2, 2018.

1. This arrow could have multiple properties. If it were a voters arrow, it’s only ability would be it’s soulbound, final, and unbreakable. How would the voter’s arrow be unbreakable? It wouldn’t be consumed upon use. This could be a 400 vote item.

If there was a unique arrow that would drop from marlix, I am thinking of either a knockback boost, or a multi shot. I’m thinking if it is a multi-shot, the side arrows would have either a set damage, or a 25-50% reduced damage. The amount of arrows fired could be increased by 2 or four. If five total arrows are fired, the damage of the side arrows could deal just 40% of the regular arrow’s damage. They could have similar funcionality to shiny arrows (https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/shiny-arrow/), using the properties of shiny arrows, such as multi-shot, the damage boost (that will be used to reduce damage), and always being consumed, regardless of infinity.
  2. I really like the idea of a multi-shot arrow gained from killing marlix - would encourage more boss killing and wild exploration. As far as the soulbound arrow, it has been discussed and denied in the past - but still, cool ideas :)
    Tuqueque, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  3. I'd even settle for just a normal arrow that was final/soulbound as a voters reward. Won't impact game since arrows are super easy to get and simply making it soulbound would just be a small bonus.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  4. Thanks for the support! I’m thinking the Marlix Arrow being just final, the voter’s arrow (suggusted in the past) being a voters arrow.
  5. Along the same line of thought, I wish Mojang would have more use for flint. Like use a reg arrow in center of crafting table surrounded by flint and you could get shiny arrows or Even a punch 3 or sharpness type arrow. I am aware of the tipped arrows and many like them. I just wish flint had more uses.

I do like this suggestion but as stated, arrows are super easy to get. I bet I have 10 dc's or more. The idea of being soulbound is great. No idea how many times I've died with all voters gear during high diff on mini boss's but had no arrow for my bow. I don't see unbreaking beneficial at all. With infinity I only need 1 arrow anyway. I can see where it'd be nice to use it with a mending bow but I think that's a little OP as MC got rid of that ability. Kinda like they did with God apples. A player was basically invincible with those.

My plan for the 10dc's of arrows is kinda fun. Plan on making a flaming machine gun build it up high crank up the difficulty and unleash it on mobs :) (hehe)
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  6. Perhaps being able to craft multi-arrows? Let’s say 5 arrows and 4 string in a TNT pattern. The pattern of the multi-shot could be a plus ( + ), an x ( x ), or a line ( - )
  7. I really do like the idea of a spread shot. It could be a super rare bow Marlix drops and consumes reg arrows too. Be a better way to use mine up and many others that have a ton of arrows. I think it should only be a 3 arrow spread tho. Straight, left, right.
  8. The idea of spread shot is general, and could be applied to a bow, like the Marlix Bow+Shiny Arrow combo, or arrow, such as the arrow damage boost of the shiny arrow. It could even be applied to a battleaxe! Right click with the battleaxe to shoot some med/high damage slow arrows to cover a small area. If more arrows hit, more damage is dealt, similar to marlix bow+shiny arrow.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.