Squid spawning in river biomes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BlockHead_56, Apr 23, 2022.

1. OK all you (non-glow) squid geniuses! Is there something going on with Squid spawning in river biomes on EMC? I've tried to set up a few locations in river biomes for a squid farm. In one case I made a 8x22x7 hole all in the river biome and not a single squid spawned. In another I found an area with squid in the wild and, in preparation to make that area a farm, I killed the 5-6 squids there. At that point, no new ones spawned. In a third, larger area not really suitable for a farm, I was able to observe squids spawning after I swam around killing them. So...I obviously don't know the EMC squid spawning rules and/or they don't mirror a vanilla server?? Is there some sort of EMC bug? Does the area have to be a certain size for them to spawn? What say you all?
  2. I'm not a squid genius at all, but I did some reading through old threads...
    and saw you already found one of the older threads about squid farms, nice. :D Let us know if you still don't find squid spawning when nobody else is in the Frontier on your server!
    Edit: Mob spawning mechanics are indeed different on EMC than in vanilla.
  3. Maybe squid was equipped with player's AI and spawn in river