SOPA 2013

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Caeyde, Aug 26, 2013.

?

Do you agree with SOPA?

Yeah, seems right 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No, why would they even think that?! 16 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. sopa is americas version of acta go read up on that then tell me how enlightened europe is
    Twitch1 likes this.
  2. As a matter of fact, I don't even live in the US
    I just wanted to help the people who do live there
    5chris100 and Jake_bagby like this.

3. Please play nice gentlemen.

I would also like to say the same thing I said on the last SOPA thread however long ago it was.

Read your legislation.

Do no just assume that the big powerful internet peeps are telling the complete story.

Do I agree with SOPA? Not entirely, but there are ideas in that make sense. There are extreme exaggerations out there about the reach and effect SOPA will have..

Instead of having someone sign a petition that was generated on the internet, by people who only state worst case scenarios with no volly for any of the good, its better to read it. Its a long document. If you read it, and still feel this way, write your congressmen. Dont think that will work? Well, I can tell 3,000 Hand written letters claiming the level of hatred that everyone seems to have over this bill will mean more than 1,000,000 anonymous names on some website.

EDIT: Just wanted to say I dont disagree with the approach of this petition, just that I do not think it is going to be the most effective. And I dont think anyone should be doing anything without a little education on the matter, it just helps.
    jkjkjk182, L0tad, Kells18 and 3 others like this.
  4. Notice the 2nd amendment is not touched :p

Insert clapping crying guy here
  5. 24 hour bump :p