So long EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cool5t0rybro, Jun 7, 2012.

1. See, the problem is ... If this very major problem is not fixed, we might not make it to the next update.
  2. From what I heard, people are seeing more mob spawns again after that server fix...though I also heard the lastest bukkit update broke mobs a bit as well...so that will be fixed I'm sure in a reasonable time. As far as the lack of new features, that's just a temporary thing. I'll restate it just to confirm what was said as correct.

One, Justin was in the process the last month and a half of preparing to move his family (including newborn baby) from the East coast to the West coast of the country all while trying to prepare his new home and secure a new job, etc. That alone took up a chunk of his time.

Second, when he is working, he is preparing us for the 1.3 update. Since the bukkit team core moved to work for mojang, the core of bukkit will no longer be the same and we WILL have to upgrade our servers to the new platform they create for multiplayer...this includes re-writing things in all of his already custom written plugins from one platform to a completely new one. Think of it as all the work he's done so far to get us here...but now has to be done all over again, because of the bukkit/mojang merger. Good news is, since he's aware and keeps up to date with that stuff...EMC will likely be one of, if not THE only server REALLY ready to move on to the next phase of multiplayer. :)

After this hurdle is gotten over, we have BIG plans for EMC, including a development team that already has a custom EMC Minecraft launcher in the works to host a whole lot of awesomeness. :)
  3. :) Thank you for the response. Mobs are not spawning. At all. (except from spawners) I stood in the wild afk for half an hour yesterday and was untouched. What is happening is that mobs are not "despawning" when people leave the chunks. There are mobs all over the world, but there are no new mobs spawning because (im guessing) the mob cap is hit from all the mobs currently hidden in dark holes simply because someone walked over the chunk and moved on. I am near a blaze spawner on server 3 and the same blazes have been sitting around it for days in the exact same spots. Animals are also seeing some problems. Animals are around but they do not seem to be moving unless they have a reason to. (instead of wandering around like they usually do.) If you have wheat they will follow, if a sheep wants to eat it will move to grass, baby animals will move to stand near an adult, and they will run a short distance if you irritate them but then they just stand still again.

This problem has been bad for at least 3 weeks now (at least I'm pretty sure I've been complaining about it that long =p ). It is really hard to have a good game experience in the wild when nothing is happening around you!

Thank you guys for all you do for us. I just really want to make sure someone understands just how bad this problem has gotten. I have not seem a natural mob in the wild in weeks.
    bl8nk likes this.