So confused....

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by 820327, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Is Java up-to-date? I don't see how that could effect it much, but it might be something. Clearly it has to at least have something to do with your internet connect/the launcher's connection, so did you alter anything that might have made a difference in that regard?
  2. Do you have a firewall installed on your computer? Maybe the firewall is blocking the Minecraft traffic and preventing the launcher from logging you in. If you are using Windows' firewall, a dialog box usually pops up when an unrecognized app is accessing the network. Do you see any dialog boxes?
  3. Try downloading magic launcher. Maybe that will either work or give some more useful information about what is wrong.
  4. Is there anything going on with your internet? You could try restarting your router. Also check for firewalls. This happened to me once because I task-managerized it while loading... Maybe you should try another launcher like Magic or Technic.
  5. this problem never happened until yesterday when i made this post or a bit before ;/ i tried magic launcher and it seems to be stuck on the logs screen after i sign in...not sure what is going on here now. im starting to think something is wrong with the minecraft.jar folder is messed up due to it giving some sort of error in not finding it when the launcher started up
  6. also come to find out there is no bin in the .minecraft folder ;p and in magic launcher it cant find a version to go off of in options so that is the problem there. i already deleted .minecraft folder yesterday yes to delete the jar file and see if that helps..
  7. ok narrowed it down to just my computer so has to do with a file on my laptop....not sure which one because i never made any changes at all. not the java because it is up to date.
  8. have you scanned and did a reg fix yet? could be a virus or torjan, or something such as bad registry
  9. idk. only thing i can think of is restore laptop to factory settings which should fix it no matter what the problem is. its a really new laptop so wont be hard to do it seeing as i dont have much on it. ive done everything else i can think of.
  10. That shouldn't be necessary. IT seems like an mc file got corrupted as they updated the launcher yesterday to change how user switching works, which is very relevant to your issue.

You need to just delete the entire .minecraft folder and the launcher and re-download a new launcher and it should fix it.
  11. Is it just me, or are MC servers down like a google search makes me believe them to be? Asking because I see some people still on EMC.
  12. They are down people are on because they logged in before it went down D:
  13. Login is down http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/
  14. something like thats happening to me to. When i went to Minecraft.net they are under maintenance. When i start my launcher every time it says loading in the spot where it supposed to say play. But if it does load it will always say Play offline even though im connected to the internet
  15. Login's been down since yesterday :p
  16. And you cant play in the browser on the website because the websites Under maintenance
  17. yep the servers are down atm. but good news (at least for me) i found a copy of the .minecraft folder elsewhere on my computer that sometime or another i must have accidentally made so i deleted that along with the main copy and re installed (previously didnt delete the copy which is why it wasnt working) and now all is good!.....but then again servers are down so not so good cause i cant get on! lol anyways all is good now
    AlexChance and Pab10S like this.
  18. What time yesterday ? Im on the East coast and i was on till like 10:00 pm
  19. this happens to me all the time you need to wait a minute or so it says loading were play is supposed to be its just some lag so don't be alarmed. hope i helped :)
  20. had nothing to do with waiting XD i waiting for it for around 3 hours and nothing happened. once i deleted what i needed to and re installed it went back to normal :D